How to activate Go Navigation app on new phone? — TomTom Community

How to activate Go Navigation app on new phone?

We have the Go Navigation app installed on a SD card in a Samsung phone. I've now moved the SD card to a new Samsung phone, however can't open the app. If I install the Go Navigation app it treats me as a new customer and offers a 30 day free trial. We however already have a subscription which ends July 2021. Thoughts?

Comments

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,131
    Superusers
    Are you logged in the new phone with the same Google Account as in the old one?
  • MN67MN67 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hi, yes I am
    Superusers
    Ok. Then try to log out your tomtom Account under Tomtom Services, close the app, restart the phone and then log in with the TomTom account again unter TomTom services.
    I cross fingers that it works then.
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    MN67 wrote: »
    We have the Go Navigation app installed on a SD card in a Samsung phone. I've now moved the SD card to a new Samsung phone, however can't open the app.
    I doubt that you ever installed the app on that SD card. Best case you installed the app in Internal Storage and then the maps were allowed to be stored on the External SD card.

I suggest you follow TomTom's instructions and install the app from the Google Play Store on the new phone. You don't need to move anything because you are allowed to install the app using the same paid subscription simultaneously on multiple devices that are using the same Google Play Store account.

Hi both, many thanks for your suggestions. Neither off them worked out unfortunately, have found an email address in the app [email protected] and send them a message. Lochfrass suggestion as I'm not able to add the app into my account and the un-install and install suggestion from tgold brings me to the 30day free trial option only.
    Once again thanks for the suggestions!
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,181 [Revered Voyager]
    MN67 wrote: »
    install suggestion from tgold brings me to the 30day free trial option only.
    You say "only" but that's all you can ever can get after an install. Then you need to go into the Menu at TomTom Services and log in to your account in order to get your paid subscription credited to the app.
    Rakesh from the customer service department helped out. It appeared that the subscription wasn't linked to our account in the system which he fixed manually after providing the receipt.
    We than had to log in on: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/articles/360013959239-Log-in-to-use-Unlimited-Navigation-TomTom-GO-Mobile-App
    Finally it was solved for! Thanks Rakesh!
    Superusers
    Thanks for feedback @MN67 :3