I have a big problem! Please help me! Start 25 — TomTom Community

I have a big problem! Please help me! Start 25

Hello! I have navigation Tomtom start 25. I have had it for two years! I decided to update my map through the official application from the computer, but unfortunately my map was deleted and I can no longer use the navigation in any way. originally the navigation is with a map of central europe and i am in eastern europe. I bought the second-hand navigation because I'm a poor boy and I don't have the money to buy a new one. in the application it initially appeared to me that I had two cards. of Central and Eastern Europe and now I only have a Central one that doesn't work for me. please tomtom help me to solve the problem.I kept my navigation a lot, even though I bought a second-hand one. help me use it again. I have no money for a new one!

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,736
    Superusers
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Pavelzhelev
    Welcome to the site....
    The NAV3 Start 25 updates using MyDrive Connect.....
    Tomtom FAQ... Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect....
    Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect & Login... Connect & Start your device....

You could try clearing the MyDrive Connect Cache as suggested in the Tomtom Video....

Also....
    If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,169 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Pavelzhelev

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,736
    Superusers
    edited December 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Pavelzhelev
    Welcome to the site....
    The NAV3 Start 25 updates using MyDrive Connect.....
    Tomtom FAQ... Installing MyDrive Connect....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect....
    Important....
    NEVER have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown below)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect & Login... Connect & Start your device....

You could try clearing the MyDrive Connect Cache as suggested in the Tomtom Video....

Also....
    If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PavelzhelevPavelzhelev Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    Don't work! Please help! The maps is deleted!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,302
    Superuser
    Hi @Pavelzhelev

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up tomorrow and can sort a map out for you.

Look back then to see what they have t say.

Doug
    Thank you very much! I am from Bulgaria so I need map included bulgaria. I will wait for a card and I will be very grateful! very bad that the card was erased. I bought the second hand navigation and it had an old map on it but it did a very good job for me. I really don't have the money for a new one and that's why I want to be able to use it again. please help me in some way. I'm sick of not being able to use it.
    Superuser
    Hi @Pavelzhelev

You will not be sent a new card but hopefully the map will be added to your account so you can download it via your PC.

Doug
    Thanks! I will do that tomorrow!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,169 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Pavelzhelev

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    Thank you very much to everybody! you made me very happy! happy holidays and success!
    Superuser
    Hi @Pavelzhelev

Glad you are sorted.

Doug
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,143 Moderator
    Hi @Pavelzhelev

When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark comments as an answer so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard