Motorbike road/off-road use — TomTom Community

Motorbike road/off-road use

LeGoffeauLeGoffeau Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
edited December 2020 in RIDER
Sometimes it happens that my Rider 550 doesn't follow the GPX I've loaded, and he choose another way instead of following it. This often happens when there is no "asphalted" road to follow, and the GPX was made in off-road or dirt roads.
- is there an option in Rider 550 to make it follow the GPX without modifying it?
and another question:
- is there an option not to make it recalculate the route? but simply allert you that you are "out of the route"?

thanks for answer

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,429
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @LeGoffeau
    The Tomtom devices are not really designed for off-road use....
    If road/lane is not displayed on the Tomtom maps it will usually only guide to the nearest road access point....

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Route planning --> When a faster route is available... Select,,,,
    'Ask me so I can choose'

Stay Safe,,, ATB YFM
  • LeGoffeauLeGoffeau Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    ok, I understand, tnx.

To be honest I have already selected "ask me so I can choose", but this doesn't happens, my Rider550 changes the route without make me choose, or even allert me.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,429
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @LeGoffeau
    Maybe a variant of something like this is causing the problem ???

Avoid Unpaved roads on every route Ignored....
    I recall this as being a compromise to a 'No Route Possible' error
    When the 'Thrill route option' was introduced, in certain circumstances where a user had set 'Avoid on every route + 'Unpaved roads', the device reported 'No Route possible'... When in fact there was a route possible but using 'Unpaved roads'

If you have 'Avoid on every route + Unpaved roads' (or one or more of the other 3 options) set, and you want to pre-check a route....
    After the device has calculated the route Tap the 4Dot (....) --> Tap Current Route... If the Route is OK the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon will be greyed out
    If the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon is highlighted Tap on the 'Avoid Toll and More' Icon
    The option/s causing the problem/s will be highlighted

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 699 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    @LeGoffeau have a look at "GPX Tack 2 OV2" and "Load Track" to display your trackpoints as POI's on your Rider.
    This way you can ignore the route guidance and still follow your track.

See https://roadrider.jouwweb.nl/gpx-track-2-ov2

f.jwwb.nl%2Fpublic%2Fn%2Ft%2Fa%2Ftemp-fbapjvdvhglztgjkdoaq%2F8bgbzd%2FRider-1.jpg