TomTom GO 620 smartphone messages function not working!? — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 620 smartphone messages function not working!?

My new GO 620 is not reading out my text messages from my Android smartphone (the Google Pixel 2).
The TomTom MyDrive app is open and connected via bluetooth. The GPS and phone are paired properly.
I am receiving traffic data properly. Incoming calls notifications are being displayed on device. All seems to be fine and working EXCEPT for displaying a notification when I get a new text message.
In the TomTom Settings, under "Bluetooth," it does say "CONNECTED" under the Smartphone Message section. And I have followed all the Android app settings steps required to allow messages to be allowed on the GPS.
I'm at a complete loss as to what to do next! Can anyone help? Any insight at all would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Jem

Comments

• Oldace2000Oldace2000 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same problem on a GO 620 and Samsung Galaxy S6. Exactly the same as described above. Everything's else works fine except SMS Messaging.
    Have tried everything in the manual without success.
    Any other suggestions?
    Cheers,
    Oldace.
  • lonnie_chaplonnie_chap Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Same here with my Go 620 and iPhone Xi. Worked when I first set it up but stopped working. Checked all of the settings, deleted and reconnected my phone but nothing has helped.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,230
    Superuser
    Hi @Oldace2000 and @lonnie_chap

Have you got MyDrive App running in the back on the phone?

Doug
  • PlsdelunoPlsdeluno Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am having the same problem with my go essential, it received SMS and WhatsApp messages but suddenly it will not receive them. Everything is ticked correctly I have deleted the TomTom app from my phone and redownload it, etc but I have no idea why it stopped receiving messages or how to fix it. Bluetooth is connected fine.
    Any help much appreciated