How to update my Rider 400? — TomTom Community

How to update my Rider 400?

IanOGormanIanOGorman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited December 2020 in RIDER
According to the documentation which I have found, it is necessary to see the QR code in order to get software and map updates.
On my TomTom Rider 400, I see that the map and application SW is 20 months old (04(2019), so the device is not being updated.
The desktop MyDrive Connect does not see the device when attached via USB cable (only possible via the mount, as the device itself has no USB port).

Can anybody point me in the right direction how to update the SW and map?
TomTom services are connected via BlueTooth from my Phone (Traffic, Danger Zon, MyDrive all activated), but the device SW and maps are not being updated.

Thanks a lot!

Ian

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 671 [Revered Pioneer]
    The USB connector is behind a lid at the back.
    See this picture;
    u2t8ww7s2aq3.jpg

Install and use MyDrive Connect on your PC to update the Rider 400 and a USB cable to connect it to the PC.

• bonsipogibonsipogi Posts: 224 [Exalted Navigator]
    Hi Ian,

If you have a iPhone, you should be careful if updating or not! Looks like the BT-Connection to iPhones will not work any more!
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,038
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @bonsipogi
    Maybe useful.... There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13.xx & 14.xx and the and the Tomtom MyDrive iPhone App....
    And the Advanced Smartphone features
    If you can live without the bells & whistles of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911/#Comment_1729911

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • IanOGormanIanOGorman Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I have an Android phone, so not worried about the iPhone issues.

I really did not see the USB connector on the rear of the device to the left - I just opened the microSD slot. saw that and thought that the only way to power the device was via the cradle. So now, plugging into the proper ports, as pointed out by RoadRider (thanks!), the device is connected:

896teptr1bay.png

updates are available:
    b1a8wqmm5xpo.png

and could be installed from the Windows MyDrive Connect application

w8kebwdwa2l9.png

Thank you so much!