When will we be able to sync routes again between app and my drive? — TomTom Community

When will we be able to sync routes again between app and my drive?

We have been without it now for sometime. It was the primary reason I backed the TT app and paid my subscription.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,300
    Superuser
    Hi @grof

The last indication was that it would be in the 1st quarter 2021.

Doug
  • grofgrof Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Hi Doug. Not that I'm not grateful for your answer, but please could you explain what by last indication means? The truth is with Brexit, covid, etc I'm a bit overloaded with speculation and very short on facts. One fact I am aware of is that my subscription will becone due and some actual money will be required to buy it. Will I use actual money for a speculative service. Unlikely. Facts regarding this question still very much sought. Thanks all!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,300
    Superuser
    Hi @grof

Here is a post by Tomtom re the iPhone App which gives the information. Tomtom have said that they are working on a Compatibility issue re the maps in the new Android and IOS Apps and those in My Drive and that when resolved then they would seek to incorporate the Route syncing in the Apps

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1735625/#Comment_1735625

Doug
    Hi Doug, thanks again. Do you have facts relating to the android app which I currently have a subscription to and my routes?
    Apologies Doug, I did mean to single you out as the arbiter of all things TT. I was rather hoping TT themselves might step in answer my question. Silly me.
  • dezmodezmo Posts: 31 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    grof wrote: »
    I was rather hoping TT themselves might step in answer my question. Silly me.

If you haven’t noticed yet, TT can only and exclusively give and combine these three answers:

1. Welcome to the forum....
    2. We will forward it to developers...
    3. We are constantly working on it...

They never, or in the rarest of cases, give a concrete answer.

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 657 [Revered Pioneer]
    Syncing Routes as tracks from MyDrive to the Android app is already available in the Android GO Navigation App.

I was using this feature in the new NDS App already this summer holiday. There are even nice improvements over the old app and PND’s like avoiding a known road block and alternative shortcuts in the route.

Sending Stops and community POI’s is not available in the NDS App.
    Hey roadrider, are you talking about saving routes as gpx's and then loading them into the TT navigation app, rather than the planned routes created in my drive syncing with the app? I did think this might be a workaround. Thanks.
    Hello again,

Roadrunner could you please elaborate on the method you refer to above. A walk through the process would be really appraciated if you have the time, just bullet points would be fine. Be great to get this functionality back! Thanks
    OMG I just found in the TT Services settings on my GO navigation app a toggle for MyDrive sync (Sync your places with all your devices). It was turned off. Turn it on and my old saved routes magically appear. Odd that it defaults to off, but very happy to have it back. Just need to work out now if TT fixed the ability to store the app/maps on adopted storage. If anyone knows the answer to this please say as that will be my next job as my phone is limping along with one map!