RIDER 400 USB Port damaged so unable to connect to PC for updates — TomTom Community

RIDER 400 USB Port damaged so unable to connect to PC for updates

Demon_ODDemon_OD Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
edited December 2020 in RIDER
How do I get it repaired by Tom Tom? Are there any trade in / upgrade options?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,718 Moderator
    Hi @Demon_OD

Welcome to the community! I would suggest that you get in touch with our customer service team. They should be able to book a repair and also provide you with additional information on what discount offers are available to buy a new model as an existing customer.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919

Regards, Vikram
  • Demon_ODDemon_OD Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    I see there is a €105 repair fee but I don't see how to go about booking it in for repair? No option available in the contact us page.
    Please advise.
    Customer Support / Submit request links are not functioning and keeps bombing out to https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/ page. Come on Tom Tom, get your act in order and support your existing customers!
    Trying to book a repair.
    "GETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE REPAIRED

To get your device repaired you need, you can CONTACT US to book in a repair. You need to select your device and then select the category ‘Repairs and replacements’.

When we book in a device to be repaired, we give you a repair number (RMA), explain the repair process, and send you an email confirmation. Repairing a TomTom product usually takes 10 to 20 working days after we receive the product at our service centre. If there's a very serious problem with your device, we may need to replace it. Make sure to make a backup of your device, if possible, before you send it to us."

But My USB port is damaged & therefore can't connect to PC to update/Backup etc...

Please advise!
    Another 22 hours passed without response. :s It's not Terrible customer support it's ZERO customer support!
    Finally the Email link works. Have generated request under ticket ID 1111962. Let's see what transpires.
    Sorted now. My 5yr old Rider 400 is on its way to Romania for repair of the USB connector. Also customer service have given me an offer to buy new Rider 550 at a -30% discount, offer valid for 28 days so I'll consider that in Wk.01_2021.
    Thanks for your help.