Map Detail change in Rider 500 — TomTom Community

Map Detail change in Rider 500

ArkanomalArkanomal Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
I am trying to get more detailed information on the maps installed in my Rider 500. Specifically, when I zoom in, there are many smaller roads that don't show in the map. Yet, if I record the route and display it on MyDrive, these roads appear. When I look at the route on the Rider 500, it looks as if I've been riding in the midle of nowhere. How can I increase the detail of the maps in Rider 500? I couldn't find any setting for it.

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,209 [Exalted Pioneer]
    the driving veiw on devices are different compared to mydrive. the device mostly will focus on showing you the route on which you are driving depending on the selected view,
    2d/3d
  • ArkanomalArkanomal Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    My problem is that, regardless of the selected view (2d/3d), smaller roads and unpaved roads are not displaying in the map at all.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,304
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @Arkanomal
    The driving view on devices are different compared to Mydrive. The device mostly will focus on showing you the route on which you are driving depending on the selected view,
    2d/3d
    The 2D rotate in direction of travel riding view Map definitely has more information than the 3D Riding view Map....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Guidance View... 2D (In direction of travel)

When riding.... I feel the default Zoom setting i.e.... 'Zoom into next turn' to be useless for a Motorcycle especially in the countryside, where the zoom is equivalent to the view from the International Space Station....

I always Drive/Ride... Guidance view... 2D (In direction of travel)
    Zoom... Based on road type....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Automatic zoom... Based on road type...

If you are Route planning....
    Tap on the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the + & -- Minus Keys )

42dh588wegb9.jpg
    To switch to the North up overview planning Map... Where you can Pinch Zoom and Swipe the map....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • PteroisPterois Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
    Hello, I need help which I think it is the same problem Arkanomal is talking about in this post. I have Tom Tom Rider 500 with 20.100.0001.411(0) software version and, the Europe Map, version 1.065.10748 (01/2021). Free space 4.81 Gb of internal memory. The unpaved "white roads" have mostly disappeared in the overall territory. When I do zoom in, I can´t see them and, even, I had some POIs recorded that now, they are located in the middle of nowhere... because of the white road are not just shown. I have done two "factory recover" without any success. Moreover, my friend have also the same rider 500 and, today, he can see the white unpaved roads without any problems. I notice of the problem when we were comparing the maps riding in the morning. I do not know what I can do to solve this problem. Can someone help me with this? Thanks friends.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 729 [Revered Pioneer]
    Try loading the map for your country/area.
    The small country maps have a little bit more detail than for example the big Europe map. Only MyDrive has the full detail so don’t expect to much.

Also see your other post about this.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1132213/white-unpaved-roads-does-not-mostly-appear-in-the-map#latest
    edited February 21
    hi @RoadRider and thanks for your help.

Can I install the Iberian map without any payment? I have the europe map for life... Where Can I dowload the Iberian map?

and... Has it happened in the last Europe version? is it possible to obtain a confirmation of this?

Dear friends, I can confirm that if you install the SOUTH EUROPE ZONE (free) I can NOW see the white roads again. I have just downloaded and it is now ok !. I think the complete Europe map has less resolution than the different parts of it. I have not changed the map version. I am using the last 1.065ver. So, this problem has been solved.