Online use of Go Supreme? — TomTom Community

Online use of Go Supreme?

DBBtomtomDBBtomtom Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
I’m considering buying a Go Supreme but wish to use it first to verify it does what I want it to. I know on my old tomtom, I could operate the device when connected to Home. But can I do that with a device I do not own yet? Also, only have access to a tablet with WiFi, so need to do it online if possible.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,674
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DBBtomtom
    Welcome to the site....
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like the Go Supreme normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on Your WI-FI name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi

zzb10t6jrg2v.jpg
    Updating the device....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items

Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices connected over Wi-Fi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if MyDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If you're using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... (1) MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" etc....

27bxc59f2s23.png
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... The NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,674
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi Again....
    Maybe useful... Tomtom Video's
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034175/list-of-support-videos-drive/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DBBtomtomDBBtomtom Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited December 2020
    Thanks YamFazMan for your replies. I’ll look at those videos - the one on routing should be especially appropriate. But I was looking for actually using the device as it would be for a user but online not on the actual device. I wouldn’t expect that to be possible, but it was with my old Go unit. But of course that was with the unit connected to my computer. So it may not be possible, but thought I’d ask.
    The links YamFazMan showed are good for doing planning on a computer rather than a device but I’m looking to understand exactly how the device itself works. If I could look at a user manual, it may be an acceptable alternative, however when
    I search for Go Supreme 6, I get no hits on tomtom site. Can anyone point me to where I could see a complete manual?
    Thanks DougLap!