Carminat TomTom missing computer voices? — TomTom Community

Carminat TomTom missing computer voices?

bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited December 2020 in Built in car navigation
I have just purchased a 2012 Renault with built-in Carminat TomTom. I (re)registered with TomTom and installed TomTom Home, then updated the SD card.

On restarting TomTom I am asked to select a voice, but they seem all to be recorded voices (Jane, Lori, Bonnie, etc.) When, in TomTom Home, I try to add computer voices there are none available. And I really do want a computer voice.

I see from the forum that others have had similar problems but not how to fix it. Am I missing something?

Bob

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,388 Moderator
    @bobmalcolm

Hi Bob
    Welcome to the community!
    Unfortunately, the computer voices for the TomTom Carminat cannot be activated on the account. So it's always recommended having a back-up of the voices stored on the computer.

Regards, Vikram.
  • bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for your quick reply, Vikram, but I am puzzled. I've had the car - and the Carminat - just 2 days and done nothing with it apart from connecting to TomTom Home and updating the maps and subscribing to 'Live' services. So I can't see how I could have lost the computer voices. Might it be that one of the previous owners deleted them somehow?

And I'm sure that someone else on the forum found the missing TTS file(s) on a colleague's similar TomTom and copied it across. Could I do something like that? (Not that I know anyone with a similar Carminat TomTom!)

Thanks again, Bob
  • bobmalcolmbobmalcolm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram. I did find a copy of the VAutoTTS folder containing the Serena voice, copied it to the root directory of the SD card, and all seems to be well now.

Bob