Rider 450 and problems with new navcore — TomTom Community

Rider 450 and problems with new navcore

ncl3ncl3 Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
edited November 2020 in RIDER
Hi, after updating my rider 450 with the latest navcore 20.., the rider 450 has become very slow, even slower than it was before the update and sometimes it reboots. So do you know if there is a way to install the previous navcore?

Comments

• RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 729 [Revered Pioneer]
    No you can’t install older versions.

You can try recovery mode to restore the previous version.

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,302
    Superusers
    Hi
    @QC_Maj
    Further to RoadRider post....
    Yes Recovery mode... Usually rolls the NavKit Back to the previous version....
    Be Aware... I would not use Recovery Mode on just a whim... In my experience, anyone trying to activate Recovery Mode... Without a fully active connection Via a USB Cable & MyDrive Connect could have real problems....

Once Recovery Mode is initiated, and a connection to MDC is NOT established... Recovery Mode will continue to attempt to connect to MDC until the Server eventually times-out
    Any attempts at a Restart... The device, will continue to display a Splash screen with Image of a PC and a Red Cross or a Screen displaying a Spinning disc, until Recovery mode can establish a connection to MyDrive Connect or the Server eventually times-out

Note.... The roll back will only last until the next Major Update like a Navkit or Map update etc... This is because the NavKit Application and QuickFixGPS updates are Mandatory and force ticked by Tomtom, If you wish to install the update, you will have to update the NavKit before you can install any update like Maps etc....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • ncl3ncl3 Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks...in other words I'm doomed :s
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 729 [Revered Pioneer]
    You can try to clean the device with a factory reset.
    Just like a Smartphone or Computer this makes the device also faster.