UK Postcodes — TomTom Community

UK Postcodes

LixnawlassLixnawlass Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
After doing lots of reading, can i now assume that my expensive Tom Tom Premium X cannot find addresses by postcode ?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,248
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @Lixnawlass
    Welcome to the site...
    Lixnawlass wrote: »
    After doing lots of reading, can i now assume that my expensive Tom Tom Premium X cannot find addresses by postcode ?
    No that's incorrect... All of my Tomtom devices are fine with Postcodes
    When you enter a Postcode on a Tomtom device you DON'T use the Space in the middle of the Postcode...
    All of the previous NAV4 Models and the remaining Models in the NAV5 Range... The Via, GO & GO Premium Range, have both the "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode....
    Option (1).... Quick Search (Default)
    Always use Quick Search, the best Search Engine....
    Option (2)... Step by Step Search....
    Its only the Start/42/52/62 Range of Models that only have the problematic Step by Step search option available... Its only the Step by Step search engine that has a problem with postcodes
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1630007/#Comment_1630007

TomTom GO PREMIUM & TomTom GO PREMIUM X User Guide...
    Here... http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/TomTom_GO_PREMIUM/index.htm

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • grahamkeen1grahamkeen1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Can anyone confirm that the issues in the Start 52 with Postcodes has now been resolved before I buy one.
    If it does, can you confirm that the VIA models have the same issue.
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @grahamkeen1
    Welcome to the site....
    Yes this is a long-standing problem....
    The Postcode code search bug when using the latest Start devices is a real pain
    Any search for a Postcode... You have to enter a road/street name to execute a search ??? Why....
    If you know the road/street name and a house number you don't need the Postcode
    Most people use a Postcode because they don't know the road/street name and house number
    Isolated farms, single building, Office blocks, Retail parks, Hospitals, New builds etc...
    For me, it renders the latest Start device useless in the UK

It's ONLY the latest Start 42/52/62 Range that has this particular Step by Step search engine as the only search option...

All the previous NAV4 Models and the remaining Models in the NAV5 Range... The Via, GO & Premium all have the "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode
    (1).... Quick Search (Default & Best)
    (2)... Step by Step

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thank you very much indeed. I will pay the extra for the VIA 52 model just because it works even though I don't need most of the extras like Phone connectivity.
    Regards, Graham.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @grahamkeen1
    Glad you're sorted... Wise Choice :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,689 Moderator
    Hi @grahamkeen1

When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark the comment as an answer when you get a chance so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard