mapshare speed limits — TomTom Community

mapshare speed limits

rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 45 [Renowned Wayfarer]
edited November 2020 in Map quality
Hi,
why are some speed limits stay so long in the pending status in mapshare?
The red marked are more then a month old, the orange marked a week (i can understand this),but other things and sometimes also speed limits are corrected in the same day or next day.
What's the reason or tactics behind it? I wanna understand it to improve my reports and help the map getting better.
Second question: when do you see this change in the app? in the weekly updates or the quarter updates?
o22ac6kfba66.png

Comments

• eddydceddydc Posts: 97 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi,
    I'm in the same situation and reported this several times without any real useful answer. This is a shame and unnecessary if TomTom wouldn't stubbornly stick to their own, (sometimes very) wrong and outdated database.
    We have in Flanders the verkeersbordendatabank where all recent data should be available. If pointed this out this many times, but TT don't even bother to look at it.
    Cheers,
    Eddy
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 45 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Idd @eddydc.
    I understand if they want to check the reports that there are true or false. But it looks sometimes that they don't care idd. With this scenario they keep running behind other map providers that have better updated maps.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 97 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Again, one would prevent a lot of effort and frustration if TT wasn't so reluctant to use the governmental database. They prefer to stick to their outdated data with the argument that other data can't be trusted.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 45 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    True and sometimes it's really outdated. I find places even here in my neighborhood where the situation is changed for 3 - 4 years and still the map isn't updated. If you put this in mapshare and you see that they just let it pending it is really 😔. The solution can be so simple. Just look at one app. You know which one I mean. The app on hisself I leave in the middle. But damn they have the best map accuracy. Even osm can't beat them. And I tested a lot of apps and navigation systems in my life. I just don't understand why other players come with the same solution for keeping the map up to date.
  • bastlebastle Posts: 45 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited November 2020
    I noticed a change in speed limit processing time since summer. But they still need about 2-3 month to get it fixed on MSR map.
    In my observations, when reporting a speed limit for a single road, they also updating the streets nearby with same road category as well. May be that needs the time, checking the data bases and streets around also.

In addition to that, it is not possible to report a unlimited speed on German Highways on MSR, only describing it in "other category" report.

Feedback from TomTom staff on this would be nice!
    @lampard @Jürgen

A workaround to avoid long pending times is to create a report not in speed limit category but in "other" category(click road segment, then on other and then choose other again). When I wrote in textfield that a street segment has the speed limit of 50 km/h for example, it is accepted within few days.
    May be worth a try !

Example:
    rlgowrwkj9zs.png

Reports for same road segment.
    Speed limit category report is older than report it in other category however already fixed:0ikks5r4nvni.png