POI via tripadvisor — TomTom Community

POI via tripadvisor

cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 52 [Renowned Trailblazer]
Have been looking on mydrive for some good POI here on the costa del sol in Spain and I strongly recommend that tomtom use a more realiable source than Tripdvisor. I have come across POI that I am familiar with and the address is wrong or the map location is wrong or vice versa so for people not familiar with the area could easily get lost. There must be a more realiable source maybe somone like google maps or I dont know what because never used them but maybe someone like foursquare. There must be another source you can trust because other people I have spoken that have used Tripadvisor have told me they where not impressed and wont use them again.

Comments

• cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 52 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    I give up with POI via tripadvisor, the main problem is inaccurate map location. When planning a route will look on google maps to find a coffee bar, tapas bar etc as a stop on route. The stupid thing is tripadvisor use google maps so why their map location sometimes is no where near the correct location and look up the same place on google maps and the map location 9 times out of 10 is correct.
    So for POI on route as a stop or waypoint will look on google maps.
    Tripadvisor mainly for map location sometimes address but mainly map location are hopeless.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,996
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @dessyrow
    Welcome to the site....
    Maybe useful....
    Transfer the individual Google Map locations manually to the MDW Route planner
    MyDrive Web Route planner....
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    With Google Maps and the MyDrive Web Route planner both running
    (1)... Type the location into the Google Maps Search Box.... Right-click on the offered location marker... A Small Window opens...
    Left-Click on the Coordinate Box to copy the Coordinate to the Clipboard
    Or
    (2)... Right-click on the Map at the required location... A Small Window opens...
    Left-Click on the Coordinate Box to copy the Coordinate to the Clipboard (I also use Method (2) to correct any google Map search errors before pasting the location to the MDW Route planner)

(3)... Paste the Coordinates into the MyDrive Web Route planner (Press Enter on your Keyboard) the MDW Route planner will Zoom to the location....
    Right-Click on the Icon to....
    Send Destination
    Add to MyPlaces
    Use as Starting point
    Plan Route
    If you have a Route already planned....
    Right-Click on the Icon to add a Stop

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 52 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Hi YamFazMan
    Will give that a try thanks.
    But tomtom really do need to look for a more reliable source.
    I have looked at some POI on the mydrive map around areas in andalusia that I am familiar with and a few times its been wrong address but mainly the map location is not just a little out but for example a venta in Bornos Andalusia the map location is 2 km out, fortunately this is an area I am familiar with.
    Other people have also said to me dont use tripadvisor for directions you will get lost for directions and map location they are useless.
    tomtom really need to look for a better source that we can all trust.

stay safe out there.