Remove search bar when driving without a destination — TomTom Community

Remove search bar when driving without a destination

profmattprofmatt Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
All I want in the world is to be able to drive around with the TomTom app showing me the map and my speed and the speed limit.

But a huge chunk of the screen is taken up with the search bar, which is obtrusive and irritating and unnecessary if I’m actually driving.

Is there any way to get rid of it?

Tapping the screen gets rid of it, but it gets rid of all the useful information, too. And after a short while the search bar comes back.

Please say there’s a way to do this because it’s driving me nuts.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi there @profmatt

The search option will always be there on the Top Left of the screen if there's no route planned. I don't think there is a 'Search Bar' which covers anything but I may be wrong and if you can post a screenshot, it'll be helpful.

Regards, lampard
  • profmattprofmatt Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This is what I’m talking about.

8qtf6vm75cfx.png
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,213
    Superuser
    Hi @profmatt

Not sure if this will help in any way but if you create a route to anywhere and then set the Unit to either no Directions or Warnings only you will be able to see the Speed information you want but not hear anything or Warnings only for Cameras etc if you set it that way I appreciate that the App will be constantly having to change the routing because you are not actually going to that destination but so what.

If you have the unit volume on and set to Read aloud in Sounds and Warnings it will advise you of Cameras etc if you have no route set but no Speed information..

Doug
    Thanks @DougLap, but that does sound like a bit of a faff and I can't believe there's no way to just turn the search bar off. I can't be the only person who wants to drive around with no specific destination.

@lampard — any insight?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,213
    Superuser
    Hi @profmatt

Not much of a Faff. I just Tap Drive Home or Drive to Work and then you will see where you are on the map and get warnings where appropriate.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @profmatt

Not much of a Faff. I just Tap Drive Home or Drive to Work and then you will see where you are on the map and get warnings where appropriate.

Doug

Well, I'll give it a go!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @profmatt

Is this the old Go Mobile app? Can you provide us the app version?

Regards, lampard
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @profmatt

Is this the old Go Mobile app? Can you provide us the app version?

Regards, lampard

nvfxaiyub3m2.jpeg