Where is version 10.60? — TomTom Community

Where is version 10.60?

Dobermann19Dobermann19 Posts: 10 [Novice Seeker]
Hello All, I'm trying to search the new Map version 10.60 but I can only find the 10.55. Can you help me?
Regards.

Answers

• Dobermann19Dobermann19 Posts: 10 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello, I'd like to purchase the new World Map 10.60 but if I check for the Maps updates i see only the 10.55 version.
    Can you help me please?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,669
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @Dobermann19
    Welcome to the site....
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the device's Operating System afresh... Then maybe the device will see the latest 10.60 Maps

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks for the answer but I can't find the version 10.60 on the TomTom site. I''m going to purchase the new Map but still see the version 10.55. What can I do?
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi
    @Dobermann19
    The Rider 550 comes with Free Lifetime Maps....
    Simply connect your Rider 550 to one of the options Below....
    Option (1) Wi-Fi....
    OR
    Option (2) USB with MyDrive Connect running in the background....

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices like your Rider 550 normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on Your WI-FI name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi

zzb10t6jrg2v.jpg
    Updating the device....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items

Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note... NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices connected over Wi-Fi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if MyDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If you're using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note... (1) MyDrive Connect will only show a "Splash screen" saying "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" etc....

27bxc59f2s23.png
    If required you can close the 'Main Mydrive Window' showing the "Connect your device using Wi-Fi" Splash screen... MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... The NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices have no access the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,192
    Superuser
    Hi @Dobermann19

Look at the Post by @YamFazMan on your other topic where he points out your unit should have Lifetime Map updates so you should be being offered it for free.

If you are not being offered it for Free then try a Soft reset or a Factory Reset and if it still is not offering it then tell us here and then @VikramK can check your units settings on the Tomtom Servers and adjust if necessary so that the latest maps are offered to you when they are released..

Doug
    Hi, I turned up my device TomTom Rider 550 and it immediately notifies me that there is a new update of about 303MB plus one smaller update relating the cameras. I installed all of the updates a rebooted the device.
    Now, if I check in "Settings/Maps/Choose a map", I have only "Europe 1011.9040".
    Is it normal?
    Hi, I turned up my device TomTom Rider 550 and it immediately notifies me that there is a new update of about 303MB plus one smaller update relating the cameras. I installed all of the updates a rebooted the device.
    Now, if I check in "Settings/Maps/Choose a map" (Translated from italian), I have only "Europe 1011.9040".
    Is it normal?
    In System/Info I see as follows (translated from italian):
    Traffic -> Active
    Tutor and Autovelox -> Active
    Serial Number
    Installed Maps -> 'Europe' v1011.9040 30 months (Published 05/2018)
    Free space
    Connections

It seems that i have an old map!!
    I missed the
    Software version -> 20.100.0001.411 (0) (13/10/2020)
    Guys, I've just made a factory reset of my device, I inserted the MyDrive account but I still have no notice of a new map to download.
    Map version on the Rider 550 is the same: Europe v1011.9040 30 months (Published 05/2018).
    Please would you check my unit's settings on the Tomtom Servers?

Best Regards and Thanks!!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Dobermann19
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    I don't unserstand if I have to renew the map subscription. Look at the picture taken from my account.
    Word in red "scaduto" can be translated in "expired" and there is the button to renew the map by buying a new one.

mldcixewbs5t.png

Thanks a lot for your time!!!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @Dobermann19

Welcome to the Community! Your Rider 550 device comes with the world maps and there is no need to buy them. I've now activated these on your device and you can check for the updates when it is connected to WiFi by making a soft reset.

Hope it helps!

Regards, lampard
    Thanks a lot. Now finally I'm able to see and download the new Map 10.60.
    Best Regards and Thanks!!!
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,142 Moderator
    Hi @Dobermann19

Glad, you're stored :)! When you get a chance, please click 'Yes' to mark the comment as an answer when you get a chance so other users can find it useful. If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

Regards, lampard