EV car support in TomTom GO Navigation app — TomTom Community

EV car support in TomTom GO Navigation app

electroboyelectroboy Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hi, when are you gona support EV cars in your GO app, or are you planning to release a separate app for that. I would be happy to support that app.

Conny

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,947
    Superuser
    Hi @electroboy

Interestingly Electric Vehicle Points are available when using the Apo if you input in Search “Electric Vehicles”. You can do this Search based on Whole Map, Along Route or in a Town or City. It would be nice to have the facility to have them display as you can Petrol Stations.

Doug
  • JorgenWJorgenW Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    @DougLap Problem is that it is a search to only 1 charger which takes time to figure out when one is needed. Like you suggested, the best way for now it to add the chargers the same way gas stations are shown, in order for the EV driver to see how long it will take to find the next one. Especially DC chargers on the route (or nearby - say 1 km max like the ones at supermarkets, fast food restaurants, the famous Swedish warehouses ;) ).
    Currently, EV drivers are simply neglected by TomTom while the company lives in a very high-dense EV driver community - it baffles me what the reason is for this.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,947
    Superuser
    Hi @JorgenW

Tomtom have not ignored Electric Vehicle drivers as they have added EV Charger points to the PND units in a way which meets your requirements. At this stage they have so far added the EV Charger points to the Mobile App but have not yet made the change to the way they can be displayed in the Route Bar.

I am sure it will be on the list of things to do in due course. In the mean time at least you can search for them and get a list near you, on route or in a town or city.

Doug
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,166
    Community Manager
    We do have EV support on our road map for the current apps but I can't give you a time frame.
  • ZegnusZegnus Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I can see that Tom Tom offers ev extended routing https://developer.tomtom.com/maps-sdk-android/long-ev-distance-routing and https://www.tomtom.com/products/ev-charging-availability-routing-services/

Is this feature available on the app or we need to build our own app for now?

Thank you