Screen sensitivity — TomTom Community

Screen sensitivity

dwangdwang Posts: 46 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
edited January 2019 in RIDER
Is it possible to make the screen sensitivity adjustible for the next update?

I have the 450 with the two stands, thin ot thick gloves.
But I don't see (feel) any difference.

Maybe a good idea to make it adjustible with a scroll bar, from 0 to very sensitivity.
So anyone can adjust his own sensitivity wich he or she likes best.

Comments

• tugmantugman Posts: 337 [Revered Navigator]
    I have the same problem with lives so I now use a mobile text pen mounted in a clip next to my 400. That works ok. I nevet try to adjust it while on the go.
  • MalyrexMalyrex Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Good day,
    I see in latest update Release notes:
    Touch Sensitivity: We've added an extra option for touch screen sensitivity on Rider devices to make use without gloves easier (RIDER 42/420/450/500/550).

My question is: Why no such option for my RIDER 40? In my devise there is no any option regarding sensitivity at all.
  • AndersNordhAndersNordh Posts: 276 [Supreme Navigator]
    Malyrex wrote:
    Good day,
    I see in latest update Release notes:Touch Sensitivity: We've added an extra option for touch screen sensitivity on Rider devices to make use without gloves easier (RIDER 42/420/450/500/550).

My question is: Why no such option for my RIDER 40? In my devise there is no any option regarding sensitivity at all.

Hi, the Rider 40/400/410 probably doesn't have the hardware to support this function. Not everything can be done with software alone ...

Have a nice evening,
    Anders
  • GoferbikesagainGoferbikesagain Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    Hi, bit late to this conversation but I've got a 450 and have just realised, it doesnt even have a "Thick or Thin Gloves" option! I've just gone through all the menus, but absolutely no sign of this setting.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 674 [Revered Pioneer]
    Yup. after reading the manual thats where it should be. But it isnt! I've looked in Settings as well but no joy.
    It is there on my Rider 550,

Are you sure it is an 450 the 400, 410 and 40 don't have this feature.
    Good question, and one I asked myself too. So I looked at "About" on the device and it identifies as a 450. Also on My Drive it is recorded as a 450, so its odd not to have the "Thick/Thin" option.
    I'm almost minded to try "Reset Device" to see if that helps?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,094
    Superusers
    edited November 2020
    Hi All....
    The Menu Path is.... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Touch Sensitivity
    The option is On my 550 but NOT available for my 400....
    I seem to recall that the Touch Sensitivity option was introduced to the NAV5 (Wi-Fi) Rider 5xx range of devices ???

Edit/Update....
    If anyone has the Touch Sensitivity option on a NAV4 Rider 4xx model ??? Maybe they have received a screen repayment under a Warrantee repair claim ???
    @RoadRider --> Thanks for the info....
    RoadRider wrote: »
    The Touch Sensitivity option was introduced to the Rider 42, Rider 420, and Rider 450.
    See; http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-us/TouchSensitivity-RIDER.htm
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    The Touch Sensitivity option was introduced to the Rider 42, Rider 420, and Rider 450.
    See; http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/rider_400_40/html/en-us/TouchSensitivity-RIDER.htm

First try a Drum Reset before the Full Factory reset.
    Good call RoadRider!