6250 slow device — TomTom Community

6250 slow device

Hello!

I recently bought a 6250 device and it is slightly slow.
Two days ago I inserted an empty SD card and formatted it from the menu, now I have the impression that it is not so slow but it still does not compare to the speed of my old GPS device that was not Tomtom.

The device was bought from Media Markt Germany and I did all the updates it asked for ...

I enter the menu and press for example the settings icon, sometimes it takes 2-3 seconds to open the sub-menu, it is difficult to bear sometimes ... :(

Does my device have a problem or is it normal? What can I do to make it faster?

It has about 3GB of internal storage free and also 32GB on the SD card that I inserted, it has all of Europe maps for trucks.

Please help

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,668
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Andrey33
    Welcome to the site....
    Try logging out of your Wi-Fi....
    I find the Wi-Fi devices are more stable and more responsive in general use when you 'Forget' the Wi-Fi connection

(You can't actually logout you can only 'Forget' the connection)
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your Connected Wi-Fi
    Tap (Modify) Icon
    Tap (Forget) Icon
    Tap (^) Icon Screen top right
    To verify the Wi-Fi is OFF Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) screen top right Wi-Fi logo with an 'X'

70e5b90b-25ce-4fca-994c-e836a17cb9fa.jpg
    To Reconnect to Wi-Fi.... For Updating etc....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on your chosen Wi-Fi
    Enter your Wi-Fi Password
    Tap Done
    Tap Connect

Unless you're using a personal My-Fi Hotspot in the car for your data connection, the only other reason for a live Wi-Fi connection is for updating the device... I turn off (Forget) Wi-Fi by default and only login for updates
    It's no big deal for updates, you only have to enter your Wi-Fi password....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,183
    Superuser
    Hi @Andrey33

Try a Soft Reset as in the linked video. This is a useful thing to do after updates as it tidies up the units files.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Doug