New iPhone - How do I migrate My Places from old iPhone — TomTom Community

New iPhone - How do I migrate My Places from old iPhone

nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 31 [Legendary Explorer]
I've just bought a new iPhone 12 Pro Max to replace my iPhone XS Max. I've moved my subscription successfully but I cannot find any way to migrate all the destinations stored in My Places. What am I missing?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,233
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

Is the App logged into the same My Drive account as you used on the old iPhone?

Doug
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 31 [Legendary Explorer]
    What is a My Drive account? I’ve no idea if it’s logged in or not? It is logged in to the same TomTom account.
    I just installed the MyDrive app but it’s for standalone TomTom device & doesn’t work with the Navigator app on my iPhone.
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @nigelbbb

If you Tap Menu and scroll down to Tomtom Services and Tap that is My Drive switched On

Then if you Tap the Top Left Arrow and scroll further down and Tap Settings and scroll down to Tomtom Account and Tao that does it show your Tomtom Amount and the words Log Out bottom right. If it does then you are logged into your my Drive Account.

If those settings are not as I suggest then that would explain why the My places positions are not listed having synced from your `my `drive account .

Doug

Great! That was it. Surely this should be the default?
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

The My Drive App does work with the Tomtom Mobile app in that the My Places should sync with the Nav app. What does not work is the syncing of Destinations/Stops or the Routes saved in the My Routes folder. Tomtom have indicated that when they resolve the Compatibility issue between the NDS maps used in the latest Mobile Nav App and the My Drive App they will be seeking to enable the syncing of routes in the IOS version of the App which has never been an available option although it was in the Android App.

Doug
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

During the installation of the App you should be asked to log into the Account. Maybe that's got lost somehow as I assume you have just upgraded to the latest version. This version uses a new map format which means you will get weekly updates and it also works with CarPlay if you have that.

Doug
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @nigelbbb

During the installation of the App you should be asked to log into the Account. Maybe that's got lost somehow as I assume you have just upgraded to the latest version. This version uses a new map format which means you will get weekly updates and it also works with CarPlay if you have that.

Doug

I was asked to login to get the subscription as my subscription isn't available in the App Store as it was the free 3 year subscription for migrating from the previous TomTom app.

It's the same version on both old & new iPhones 2.3.1 with map version 15464.
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

Glad your sorted.

Doug