My Golfer 2 display screen becomes scrambled while playing a golf course, yet still shows the time — TomTom Community

My Golfer 2 display screen becomes scrambled while playing a golf course, yet still shows the time

My Golfer 2 display screen becomes scrambled while playing a golf course, yet still shows the time

Best Answer

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    Sounds like a bad display (it takes much less to show the time than to constantly refresh for a round). Try a factory reset but it is likely a bad display. TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago). There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • Manorpark15Manorpark15 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the advice. I tried a factory reset and this has worked for one round of golf so far. A partner I played with has a TT golfer and diagnosed that the rechargeable battery on mine needs replacing. Apparently they only last about 3 years.
  • ValterZocValterZoc Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hello, I also have an issue with display (look at the photo profile to discover my issue).
    Ok to reset but I also tried to power off the watch using TOM TOM app and, after some days, I power on (basically connect to the PC) and the phone seems ok. About assistance they told me my watch is dead (at the end of life cycle) and is out of guaranted (it has 3 years). After my insistence they asked me 105 € to repair with 6 months guaranted. Let me know what do you think? I worked in Motorola for ten years and we have another way to consider our customer
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,626
    Superusers
    ValterZoc wrote: »
    Hello, I also have an issue with display (look at the photo profile to discover my issue).
    Ok to reset but I also tried to power off the watch using TOM TOM app and, after some days, I power on (basically connect to the PC) and the phone seems ok. About assistance they told me my watch is dead (at the end of life cycle) and is out of guaranted (it has 3 years). After my insistence they asked me 105 € to repair with 6 months guaranted. Let me know what do you think? I worked in Motorola for ten years and we have another way to consider our customer

TT Sports has been out of business for over 3 years and discontinued all products at that time. You would be crazy to pay anything to repair it, all you are going to get is a refurbished watch (they don't actually repair them). Spend your money on a new watch.

And please stop spamming the board with the same question on every thread, all it does is clutter the boards and it will not get you a faster response (in fact, it is more likely to just get you ignored).