Who does it takes so long before available in map — TomTom Community

Who does it takes so long before available in map

eddydceddydc Posts: 141 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Hi,
I reported several issues which are accepted for a long while now, but are still not available in the Android app despite being updated each week. Why does it need to take so long?
Cheers,
Eddy

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,898 Moderator
    Hi @eddydc

What type of change did you report?
    The weekly map updates will cover the changes that are mentioned in our article here

For the rest of the changes, it could still require 6-9 months to be rolled up as an update.

Regards, Vikram
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 141 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    It concerns speed limits. An example would be
    db7dd057-8832-47c5-90b3-7fc0e4474a2f which concerns a whole town that should be fixed and is said to be fixed, but nothing of that occurs in the app.
    I wonder if one really did change anything. I'm not going to check all the streets for this. Mapshare doesn't provide a proper way to do so anyway. When will a more professional tool will be provided btw?
    But that's not the only issue. I encounter also wrong speed limits in the app whereas mapshare indicates the correct speed limit (without being reported from my side).
    Hi,
    Some answer/solution would be nice. I've encountered yesterday yet another issue where a highway ring was reduced in speed a couple of months. It seems to show correctly in mapshare but still no trace of it in the Android app.
    Cheers,
    Eddy
  • MegalosMegalos Posts: 6,052
    Superusers
    In my experience, it can take about 1-2 months before the change is visible in the Android app (both AmiGO and GO Navigation app).
    As VikramK mentioned, speed limits should be included in the weekly updates. Thus I wonder why it doesn't happen.
    Superusers
    Yes, indeed I got it through the weekly updates. But that doesn't mean they would be there already after one week ;-). Currently it takes a bit more time.
    Since the new speed limits are valid from Sep 1st and announced well in advance, one should expect that it should be available in the app, no? How can proper route calculation be done if such crucial (the ring concerned is the most important road in Belgium) information is lacking?
    Superusers
    Routing (or ETA) is not affected by speed limits, IQR data is used instead. Hopefully they can indeed further improve on report handling and release of the updates.

What road (and what part of that road) is it specifically?
    R0 is the ring around Brussels, which turned from 120km/h to 100 km/h on a major part (under Flemish government). That's effective from Sep 1st and correctly indicate in mapshare. If one clicks on segments where the app says it's still 120 km/h, mapshare says it's km/h (i'm still hoping/waiting for a mapshare with a more professional interface btw)
    Superusers
    Which app are you using? I tried the AmiGO app, and there it seems it already shows 100 km/h. The GO Navigation app not yet, that one usually is a bit later (like few weeks compared to AmiGO).
    I'm using Android Go 2.3.3. which should get weekly updates
    It's rather frustrating to then that a free app gets more accurate data than a paid app.
    Superusers
    Okay, clear. Thanks. Let's wait and see when it's in the other app as well.
  • Madone7Madone7 Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    I keep reporting a big group of roads which are incorrectly marked as closed near me to the navigation always detours every journey by about 30mins !, I reported these 4 weeks ago and still no update. In fact in the latest nap update some extra adjoining roads have now also been marked as closed when they aren't. !!! It makes it unusable for me like this !
    Even after the quarterly update, things are still not correct in the app, but fine on mapshare.
    I wonder why one gets weekly updates as things remain incorrect.
    When will be this finally fixed?
    Superusers
    Hi Eddy, I just checked and for the entire ring road is correct now (just checked counterclockwise direction) in the Android TomTom GO Navigation app. No 120 km/h sections are shown anymore. Did you make sure to download the latest weekly updates?
    I'm not referring to the R0 specifically, but speed limits in general. I was on the road yesterday and discovered multiple incorrect speed limits. When I looked them up, they were fine in mapshare.
    And yes, everything is updated in the app.
    Superusers
    Okay, clear. So indeed about 1-2 months for speed limits after corrections have been fixed in the MSR tool.
    Honestly, I doubt this somewhat. These speed limits haven't been changed for ages so there shouldn't be a reason for the difference between mapshare and the app.
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Mm, at least in several of my cases where I reported speed limit corrections, after being accepted and fixed in MSR, they were present on the app within 1-2 months. Not sure when the speed limit in your specific case changed in MSR, so might be different there.

Do you have more examples except for the R0? I can check also those if you want.
    As said, it has nothing to do with the R0 as such, but observations in general.
    It concerns speed limits which are in place for ages and don't appear in the app correctly, but MSR does show it properly. No need to report those, since accurate in MSR. One would expect that the quarterly update is a 1 on 1 replication of what is active in MSR, but that isn't the case.
    Btw looking up speed limits in MSR is a pain. When will TT make MSR more mature? As a regular editor, a more professional tool should be made available.
    Superusers
    Could you name an example Eddy? Maybe indeed there's something else going on with the MSR tool. But then at least I can check them.
    Not for the moment. I've deleted all my notes after checking the MSR.
    A prefect example is the Waversesteenweg in Hoegaarden starting from approx the Gaatstraat. Mapshare show the correct speed limits, the app doesn't
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    You mean that west from the Gaatstraat (here: (50.777155, 4.826074)), the speed limit is 70 km/h, while the Android GO Navigation app shows 90 km/h? The TomTom AmiGO app on Android seems to show the correct speed limits in that case. I'll check some more. Question is why the GO Navigation indeed shows the wrong one still then.