How can I see the home icon on the compass? — TomTom Community

How can I see the home icon on the compass?

TeebcfcTeebcfc Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, could you help me please, i am trying to get the home icon to show on the compass. I was playing around with my spark 3 watch yesterday just seeing the functions available. I started the run function after the get going came up, checked the rotation was on and forwarded to the compass page, yesterday i saw a home icon on the compass yet today i cannot for the life in me make the icon reappear. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,620
    Superusers
    The compass does not offer a home icon, I am not sure what you thought you saw.
  • TeebcfcTeebcfc Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I beg to differ @tfarabaugh. I have found out how to make it show, it starts to show maybe 50 meters from starting the run function. Turn to the direction where home appears on the screen and that shows the way home (starting point) if your lost.
    Superusers
    Teebcfc wrote: »
    I beg to differ @tfarabaugh. I have found out how to make it show, it starts to show maybe 50 meters from starting the run function. Turn to the direction where home appears on the screen and that shows the way home (starting point) if your lost.

Cool, good to know. I thought you were talking about showing it as a directional cue with actual distance. I suppose it is better than nothing but I am not sure how useful showing you a general direction with no other data is in an emergency situation. Is it pointing to your actual home location or where you started the run? Because if it is the former it is totally useless if you start anywhere other than your house.
    edited November 2020
    Thanks for he reply @tfarabaugh, the home icon is your starting point (wherever you start your run and will guide you back to that) and the distance you are away from it, the pic i posted shows me i'm 0.02 miles away from home/starting point and show the direction i should follow to reach it. I agree it's not that brilliant but it annoyed me that i couldn't make it reappear, but now i know. It could come in handy for anybody who reads this.
    Superusers
    Teebcfc wrote: »
    Thanks for he reply @tfarabaugh, the home icon is your starting point (wherever you start your run and will guide you back to that) and the distance you are away from it, the pic i posted shows me i'm 0.02 miles away from home/starting point and show the direction i should follow to reach it. I agree it's not that brilliant but it annoyed me that i couldn't make it reappear, but now i know. It could come in handy for anybody who reads this.

Why does it give you distance in one picture but not another, does it only give distance when you are pointing towards home?
    Yes, it only shows the distance when you are facing in the right direction to home/starting point. If you are facing in the wrong direction there is no distance shown.