Voices stop functioning/disappear if battery discharges fully — TomTom Community

Voices stop functioning/disappear if battery discharges fully

Following a fairly recent map update, I noticed that if the battery on the device fully discharges, when it's powered up again, the additional computerized voices I added have disappeared from the device and the two 'standard' UK English ones don't work at all. This means that I have to reconnect to MyDrive Connect, uninstall at least one of the computerised voices, then reinstall, which brings them back to life. I am always concerned that I might have lost the voices by the time I get back into the car for the return trip (If I can't keep the device charged). Any help in resolving this would be amazing.

Best Answer

Answers

• Leisure_driver01Leisure_driver01 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited October 28
    Thanks so much @YamFazMan! Will go and turn it off properly now as currently in sleep mode.
  • Leisure_driver01Leisure_driver01 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited October 28
    Hi @YamFazMan with battery 75% charged, turned off power completely and then turned on device again. Unfortunately the 2 computerised voices have disappeared again and I am left with the 2 standard ones which are silent. Once I connected the device to MyDrive Connect, the two standard voices start working again - it's a bit frustrating as having to get the laptop out each time I need to reactivate the voices isn't convenient. This never used to happen. I wonder if it's anything to do with the memory card used to store the maps? The maps themselves work fine. I am not the most technical person so any further tips would be much appreciated! :)
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,987
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Leisure_driver01
    Just a thought, have you got the GO 40 stuffed full of Maps ???
    Check how much Free Memory there is for working space, 400MB is the bare Minimum Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> About... Free Space....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM