Speed Camera update — TomTom Community

Speed Camera update

pobbletpobblet Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I got a tomtom email saying my speed camera updates had expired and giving a special offer to reinstate them. I bought it. It says I go to Settings > Updates and New Items to download this. But there is nothing there - I just get a message saying my tomtom is up to date. It downloaded the community map update fine earlier today, so downloads are working.
I have tried this on wifi, and by connecting to my laptop using a USB - same both ways, nothing there to download. So what is the problem please, how do I get my speed camera update?

Answers

• pobbletpobblet Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    PS it is a Go Basic
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,994
    Superusers
    Hi
    @pobblet
    Welcome to the site....
    The restrictions as a result of the Coronavirus, Social Distancing and people working from home, are probably delaying the Activation of Accounts and the Allocation of Maps & Services to Account’/Devices....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up Tomorrow and check/correct your Tomtom Account status.....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,571 Moderator
    Hi @pobblet

Welcome to the community!
    I asked one of my colleagues to review your TomTom account and wanted to confirm that you have an active subscription for 1 month of World speed camera updates.

You should continue getting the updates twice a week(Tuesday and Thursday).

Regards, Vikram
  • pobbletpobblet Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you VikramK and Yamfazman.
    I have driven over 300 miles today past many speed cameras but none showed on my GO Basic - so the subscription isn't live on the device.
    And now I am home, I have again connected it up to see if there is an update waiting for me. But no, it says it is all up to date, no updates waiting to be loaded.
    So, how long is normal to wait for this update to be pushed out for my device to pick up? When I paid for it I assumed it would be automated and hence quick. That doesn't seem to be what is happening :( Can anyone advise please how long I should wait before deciding it is broken and putting in a complaint?

Thank for the advice so far - it is reassuring to know that the subscription is definitely live on the account!