Battery or firmware rollback? — TomTom Community

Battery or firmware rollback?

I am aware that TT are out of business and not doing anymore rollbacks in the firmware. Is there any other way to get my hand on the fw and DIY it?
I suspect my battery draining issue has more to do with the firmware update, but am willing to try replacing the battery if it seems that a fw rollback is impossible...

Best Answer

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,469
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    You cannot get the firmware and the rollback was not fixing anything, which is why they stopped it. It is more likely a depleted battery as they all seem to be going within 2-3 years. You can replace the battery but there are such good bargains on far superior watches these days I don't see the point. It is like painting a 30 year old junked car.

Answers

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    You cannot get the firmware and the rollback was not fixing anything, which is why they stopped it. It is more likely a depleted battery as they all seem to be going within 2-3 years. You can replace the battery but there are such good bargains on far superior watches these days I don't see the point. It is like painting a 30 year old junked car.
  • hjarteblodhjarteblod Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Ah, I see! I was under the impression that it was a possible fix for the battery depletion - the comments on that previous thread weren't too clear on why they stopped doing it.

I will look at replacing the battery, only because I bought the watch second hand for a nice price and I've hardly had it for a couple months! I honestly love the way it works and feels, and was pretty sad to find out that TT has actually been out of the market for years! Bad research on my behalf...

I'll keep an eye out on my next watch though, if something out there can fit my needs: waterproof, music, and not necessarily dependent on being near my phone to be used.
    Superusers
    hjarteblod wrote: »
    Ah, I see! I was under the impression that it was a possible fix for the battery depletion - the comments on that previous thread weren't too clear on why they stopped doing it.

I will look at replacing the battery, only because I bought the watch second hand for a nice price and I've hardly had it for a couple months! I honestly love the way it works and feels, and was pretty sad to find out that TT has actually been out of the market for years! Bad research on my behalf...

I'll keep an eye out on my next watch though, if something out there can fit my needs: waterproof, music, and not necessarily dependent on being near my phone to be used.

Virtually every watch that came out in the last year fi criteria.