Pixelated screen golfer 2 — TomTom Community

Pixelated screen golfer 2

AxelafAxelaf Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
Is the pixelated screen issue caused by a faulty screen or a hardware fault elsewhere and would it be possible to swap the screen from my runner 2 into my golfer?
Tagged:

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    The pixelated screen is likely a bad screen try a factory reset and if that does not fix it there is your answer. You cannot swap screens, they are not replaceable and the runner has a different size screen than the golfer. TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago). There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.
  • AxelafAxelaf Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Fixed
    Just an update, I swapped the inside of my golfer 2 into my runner 2 (which I bought for £15) just 4 screws keeping the circuit boards in place and my golfer 2 is now back from the dead and the screen image is perfect on every screen. It was really easy to do just need some micro/watch screwdrivers.
    Hope this helps my fellow golfers.
    tfarabaugh wrote: »
    The pixelated screen is likely a bad screen try a factory reset and if that does not fix it there is your answer. You cannot swap screens, they are not replaceable and the runner has a different size screen than the golfer. TT does not offer a repair service and that product was discontinued years ago (TT Sports went out of business almost 3 years ago). There are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days.

Fixed
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,462
    Superusers
    Axelaf wrote: »
    Fixed
    Just an update, I swapped the inside of my golfer 2 into my runner 2 (which I bought for £15) just 4 screws keeping the circuit boards in place and my golfer 2 is now back from the dead and the screen image is perfect on every screen. It was really easy to do just need some micro/watch screwdrivers.
    Axelaf wrote: »
    Fixed

Nice fix, glad it worked. I would not necessarily recommend it for people without some technical savvy though as it is very easy to mess up the watch when you dismantle it.
    "Can't break something that's already broken" that's my motto 😁