BANDIT CAMERA- NO WI-FI CONNECTION WITH IOS — TomTom Community

BANDIT CAMERA- NO WI-FI CONNECTION WITH IOS

cartertunercartertuner Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
edited January 2019 in TomTom Bandit Action Camera
After updating my ios the Camera no longer connects to the Wi-Fi on the phone.

In the phones Wi-Fi connection it sees the Bandit and asks for the code, after entering the connection code it goes into a loop several times, from connecting to authentication problem and finally to saved. If you try to connect again it goes into the same loop until the camera goes into sleep mode.

I have reset the phone network settings and then connected the Bandit before any other Wi-Fi and it went into the same loop – connecting – authentication problem – saved – camera goes to sleep.

I have reset the Wi-Fi connection in the camera by going to: General – Camera – Reset – Reset Wi-Fi, And it goes into the same loop.

Are you able to help?

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

Comments

• CPGCPG Posts: 48 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    I had the same problem, if you see my post (BANDIT CAMERA- NO WI-FI CONNECTION WITH ANDROID 6 (MARSHMALLOW) and read through, Although TomTom have marked the problem as SOLVED!! This is not the case, all they suggested doing was update the firmware - as if I hadn't tried that!!
    After spending a lot of time writing to Motorola and TomTom NOBODY came to my help, I was passed from pillar to post and eventual changed my phone.
    If you are able to roll back your phone update then that is probably the best bet, I think the problem may be in the phones firmware and be due to enhanced security on the wi-fi but that is only a feeling and not an informed observation. You could try your mobile software provider but it may just lead to where I eventually ended up - read my posts and see for yourself. Good luck, Chris
  • the-civviethe-civvie Posts: 545 [Master Traveler]
    CPG wrote:
    I had the same problem, if you see my post (BANDIT CAMERA- NO WI-FI CONNECTION WITH ANDROID 6 (MARSHMALLOW) and read through, Although TomTom have marked the problem as SOLVED!! This is not the case, all they suggested doing was update the firmware - as if I hadn't tried that!!
    After spending a lot of time writing to Motorola and TomTom NOBODY came to my help, I was passed from pillar to post and eventual changed my phone.
    If you are able to roll back your phone update then that is probably the best bet, I think the problem may be in the phones firmware and be due to enhanced security on the wi-fi but that is only a feeling and not an informed observation. You could try your mobile software provider but it may just lead to where I eventually ended up - read my posts and see for yourself. Good luck, Chris

I am using Android 6 with my Bandit and no issues. Have you tried a different phone. I know it is not a solution but would rule out if the Bandit itself is faulty
  • Onlyhuman79Onlyhuman79 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Very frustrating situation. Phone says it’s a poor PE weak wifi connection but that is incorrect. Apparently the phones technology is too high for the camera