Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 2 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

2»

Comments

• MegalosMegalos Posts: 5,933
    Superusers
    Good news, finally :). Would like to test as well of course ;-)
  • GrumpyGraGrumpyGra Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I've just updated my TomTom Go app on my android phone. The first time that I've tried to input a post code, it's just thrown up loads of addresses starting with the number 1! No sign whatsoever of the address linked to the post code that I've put in. This app is no good to me whatsoever if I can't search by postcode. Any ideas??
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,623
    Superuser
    edited October 8
    Hi @GrumpyGra

Firstly if inputting Postcodes you should not have a gap in the middle.

Doug
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,165 [Revered Voyager]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @GrumpyGra

Firstly if inputting Postcodes you should not have a gap in the middle.
    Go Navigation v2.3 seems to me to be quite indifferent to the presence or absence of that space when Searching for a Postcode.

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,623
    Superuser
    Hi @GrumpyGra

Could you advise which Postcodes you are having this issue with.

Doug
  • HansMRoeper_002HansMRoeper_002 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    For years now the best navigation is still my Mobile TomTom go 50! But in my last two new cars I have build in TomTom on R-Link and Maps trough Android Auto.
    Plaese Tom, let me be one of the testers! So I can write about it in the Computermagazine I write for.

Hans M. Roeper
  • Andy_BushmanAndy_Bushman Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Following Google's announcement, we’d like to share that TomTom is participating in Google’s Early Access program for Android Auto. As early access partners, GO Navigation will release Android Auto functionality to beta testers by the end of this year. We will share more information as it becomes available.

Awsome so glad Google has finally opened up Android Auto to 3rd Parties
  • FreezeFIN2FreezeFIN2 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Also volunteering for beta testing, yes please!
  • walkerxwalkerx Posts: 281 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited October 20
    After getting AA working with my car, I've switched to this so it would be great to get TT working on it as the TT in my car is always out of date as only 1 update a year and it is always based on previous year

so would be happy to test an android auto version
  • empolsempols Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I am using Android Auto and would become beta tester of TomTom Go.
  • savex67savex67 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited October 27
    I would also be very interested in using TT with AA what should I do to become a BETA teSTER?

Mod edit: Machine translated(Italian)
  • Just1Just1 Posts: 4 [Master Traveler]
    Hello, very great news, I'm interested to test it! 👍🍾👌
  • scarytutorscarytutor Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi all, It would be a great outcome if Tom Tom allowed current users/subcribers of the Tom Tom Go .app to be invited into the Beta program.
    Thanks David.
  • planty87planty87 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Would also love to beta test this in the UK. Use Nav in my car all day every day via the AA head unit
  • jkubljkubl Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I also would like to be a betatester. I' m using TOMTOM from its day of birth. Currently the TOMTOM Go mobile app for Android.
  • resqresq Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I also want to join to betatester crew :)
  • magarmagar Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good news. Would like to test as well of course.
  • Foxmulder2Foxmulder2 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes. I would. I was switching from android to ios for the carplay integration
  • jurjen74jurjen74 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Jürgen As you can see a lot of people are patiently awaiting this feature. I'm curious what the roadmap/planning for this will be.
    And, as you can see, the community is eager to help.
  • jacgohjacgoh Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Me too I'd like to be a beta tester
  • ReTechNLReTechNL Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    edited November 23
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Following Google's announcement, we’d like to share that TomTom is participating in Google’s Early Access program for Android Auto. As early access partners, GO Navigation will release Android Auto functionality to beta testers by the end of this year. We will share more information as it becomes available.

Hello Jurgen, do you as a employee of TomTom have any information about the progress/roadmap of the implementation of Android Auto?
  • GREGUKESGREGUKES Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    We are at the end of the year where is our Android Auto version of TomTom Go