Paid 52 £ to renew Traffic and Speedcam subscription. Not delivered. — TomTom Community

Paid 52 £ to renew Traffic and Speedcam subscription. Not delivered.

BoskorpBoskorp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
So I have an order 40943xxxxxx on 22-05-2020 with completed payment.
It is for:
  • TomTom Traffic Europe 18 months
  • Speed Camera world 1 year
For my TomTom GO Professional 6200 s/n: ZA6xxxxxxxx371
The device is connected to my account and in order info I specified that device for the subscription.
There is still showing that Traffic and Speedcam is expired on 10-05-2020.
Tried connecting the device with Wi-Fi, GPRS, USB (MyDrive on PC), all of which connect fine with Cloud (MyDrive) and Internet. My map even got update today.
I've read all the support suggestions on tomtom.com, tried them all (reset device, reconnect MyDrive profile, try connecting it with different options WiFi, USB .. ) , read also different users complains, but none works for me.
The situation is that my money is paid, but my service is not delivered on my device. Very disappointed!

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Boskorp
    Welcome to the community!
    The services have been activated now.
    Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,625
    Superuser
    Hi @Boskorp

With the current situation with people working from home it has been occasionally taking longer to sort out accounts.

Hopefully @VikramK can look at your account and resolve any issue.

Doug
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Boskorp
    Welcome to the community!
    The services have been activated now.
    Regards, Vikram
  • BoskorpBoskorp Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @VikramK
    As you have seen in my account I have couple of TT devices, never had such an issue before. What frustrated me was the only option I had to contact any support person from TomTom is this forum. I didn't want to go publicly, but my options were limited to the community.
    Thank you, my TT services have been activated now.
    Updated and working good.
    Regards, Boskorp

• Spanner6Spanner6 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]

Morning all, new member with familiar issues and apologies for highjacking this thread.

I appear to have a similar issue having paid for maps UK and ROI updates and a speed camera annual subscription on the 7th October. Neither item is showing when the device is connected to my account and I'm in the same situation as original poster in that Tom Tom have taken my money but the service has not been provided. I had similar issues last year when extending 'Live' service (Smart media system) that were only resolved with a phone call, but even this option appears to have been removed and there appears to be no way of contacting a 'real' person to resolve.

Smart Media Connect (version 1.1.1.4430) often struggles to connect to my device and also won't connect to my account (just hangs) s its not possible to verify that the paid updates have even been recognized by the software/app.

@Vikram is this something you can investigate and look to resolve?
    edited October 26
    Hi @Spanner6

Welcome to the community! I have quickly reviewed your TomTom account and I don't see the services you ordered have not been activated.

Please get in touch with our customer service with the order number and they should be able to sort this for you.
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

Thanks, Vikram
  • Spanner6Spanner6 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @Vikram,

Thanks for the response. The issue I have is that using Smart Media Connect to update my Navigation these update are not showing and i am advised that the services (Map update and Speed cameras) are both expired. Furthermore, the app itself will not connect to my Tom Tom account and just 'hangs' when you try and connect.

I'll try customer services as you suggest and see if I get anywhere.

Thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0