Memory space issue. Problems installing firmware and maps — TomTom Community

Memory space issue. Problems installing firmware and maps

I have now tried to switch to a smaller map several times. i have deleted all My places and routes in an attempt to create device memory space. the problem is MyDrive Connect still insists I do the navcore update first before i can update maps (including change to a smaller one) . Is there anything else I can Do?

Best Answers

Answers

• johndaly55johndaly55 Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    OPS I have a formatted 16GB SD card installed which is still empty so plenty of space for a second map.
    Lampard,
    Thanks for all the help. I think I have managed to update most things as you suggested. Great work!

regards
    John
    Just over a year later doing the map update and in a similar position. Last time i tried to do the map update i had difficulties as the Europe map is too big for the device. I had your help getting a smaller map on the device and the Europe map on the sd card. Again as last time i am having problems getting the device to recognise the sd card. Been through the troubleshooting guide, formatting the card etc. nothing works. Tom Tom Go 600 still only gets as far as showing "load a map". Mydrive will not let me see sd card. tried different cards. no luck. please help
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,987
    Superusers
    edited October 24
    Hi
    @johndaly55
    Welcome to the site....
    Some Maps are now too big to install onto the NAV4 devices 8GB on-board Memory....
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and allocate a small 'Keeper Map' to your Account....
    Important See Catch22....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM