No voice on my GO 620

Edfigg
Edfigg Registered Users Posts: 5
Novice Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My 620 will not tell me how far the turning is away or when to to turn. The early warning is turned on but not working. Anyone got a fix.? I have done a reset but this has not fixed it.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,338
     Superuser
    edited October 2020
    Hi
    @Edfigg
    Welcome to the site....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) -->
    Are any of the Sound Icons slashed through ???

dy49cl5hc6cc.jpg
    Are you using a TTS (Text to speech) Computer Voice ??? They have a far greater vocabulary than the recorded voices....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Edfigg
    Novice Seeker
    edited October 2020
    There are no slashes just the Day/Night and I am using Karen for the voice. It only tells me what time I will arrive at the destination. I have another TomTom which works fine. I compared that with the 620 and both setting are the same.
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    Hi
    @Edfigg
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Edfigg
    Novice Seeker
    I think I may have solved it. By changing the voice to a male I get different options so it looks like I may have fixed it. I'll try it out later today. Thanks for your help. I'll post back.
  • Edfigg
    Novice Seeker
    Just getting back to you. It's now all working fine. Many thanks for your help. :)
  • YamFazMan
     Superuser
    edited October 2020
    Hi
    @Edfigg
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Just an afterthought....
    When you were using the Karen English (Australian) TTS Computer voice....
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Language & Units --> Language... Were you also using the matching English (Australian) Language ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Edfigg
    Novice Seeker
    In answer to your question, Were you also using the matching English (Australian) Language ???..Yes I was.