Maps for XL — TomTom Community

Maps for XL

fbargafbarga Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi, I found my old XL in my desk. I started it and found only the RED X error msg. After the update from the web, I found that there are no maps. I would like to have just maps for Austria and Italy. How can I get them ? ( I dont think I should buy these as these were the normal EU maps originally installed )

Best Answer

Answers

• fbargafbarga Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikramk,

thanks for the reply. I tried TomTom Home but in the updates I do not see any map.

When I login in TomTom web I see that they have a different Serial Nr. for my device. I had purchased different devices in time ( now all broken ), could that be reason ? They have a s/n for another XL I had.
    BR
    Fabio
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,584
    Superuser
    Hi @fbarga

Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up and respond. He may have to ask you for the serial number of the unit concerned via personal message. Do not put the serial number here.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,559 Moderator
    Hi Fabio

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
    @fbarga
    Thanks for sending the serial number Fabio
    Please check for updates now using TomTom HOME :)

Regards, Vikram
    Hi Vikram,

Again THANKS for your support. I saw the map.

Unfortunately I do not think that was my last map on this device.
    When I look at the size of my disc I see a disk of 2 Gb and the file I see in TomTom Home is 2,431 Gb

do you think you might have a smaller one ? or something else like maps of few nations ?
    I do not need the whole EU. I just need Austria, Checz, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Italy, Germany, Croatia.

Thanks again.
    Best regards,
    Fabio
    Hi Vikram,

did you see my previous note ? If it is too much trouble finding all those maps, it would be enough just Austria and Italy if possible.
    ( with covid we are not going that far :s )
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @fbarga

Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up and respond. He may have to ask you for the serial number of the unit concerned via personal message. Do not put the serial number here.

Doug

Hi Doug,
    Do you know if Vikramk is still around ? I wrote a couple of times but he did not aknowledged

He had organized a map for EU for me, but is is too big for my XL. I only have 2Gb ( the map is 2,4Gb ) So I wrote this note below for him... Maybe you can help ? Maps for Austria and Italy suffice.

Thanks for your support.
    Regards
    Fabio

................ old note to Vikramk
    Hi Vikram,

did you see my previous note ? If it is too much trouble finding all those maps, it would be enough just Austria and Italy if possible.
    ( with covid we are not going that far :s )
    Hi @fbarga

Actually, we don't have individual maps available. I have activated a different (smaller)map cut that should have the coverage for countries you mentioned above.

Please check for updates in TomTom HOME.
    Hi Vikramk,
    Thanks a lot for your help. I had found the map and i started the download process, but when I came back I saw an error message saying that it did not complete.
    Now when i look in TomTom HOME I no longer see that map.
    Could you please reactivate it ? ( also do you have an even smaller one ? Now I see that there is only 1,91 Gb free )

Thanks again for your support.
    Best regards,
    Fabio
    I forgot to ask,
    is there anyway to download that map on PC, so that I do not need to bother you again and again ?
    I am not sure why it was telling me that there is not enough space, when I had 2Gb free and the map was less than 2Gb. It looks like it loads lots of files not needed ( flags, etc.. ) so I was thinking that during the installation maybe I can delete some of the extra/not needed files, to ensure that there is enough space..but if everytime it removes the map file from HOME, then I need to bother you..

Best regards;
    Fabio
    Hi Vikramk,

Sorry I just realized how silly was my request to download the map to PC. I understand it is a map valid for my XL ( with specific s/n) But maybe you can set the map not to disappear from my TOMTOM Home if the install is not complete ?

Thanks again for your support.

Best regards,
    Fabio
    Hi Virkamk,

I want to THANK you VERY much for your support.
    i was finally able to install the smaller EU file you provided.

T H A N K S a L O T

Best regards
    Fabio