TomTom watch recently stopped syncing with my Huawei P9 — TomTom Community

TomTom watch recently stopped syncing with my Huawei P9

Herman_GroblerHerman_Grobler Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
My Tomtom GPS sports watch always synchronized with my Huawei P9 but for the last month or so, it does not sync anymore. I unpaired the two devices, I uninstalled and re-installed the Tomtom Sports App on my phone and can connect the Bluetooth, but even though the Watch gives a connected message, when tapping on the watch tap in the app the Huawei just turns but then times out. The software version on the watch is 1.7.64 and on the Huawei, the Andriod version is 5.0.4

Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    You should try to reset the connection following these steps. First need to remove the watch from the phone's BT menu (in iOS you have it forget the device) after you reset or try pairing again and remove the TomTom_MySports folder from the internal storage of the watch (plug it into a computer and you will see it as a hard drive and can delete it there). The steps are: uninstall the app, remove or forget the watch from the phone's BT menu, factory reset the watch, reinstall the app, select Pair New on the app, select Pair New on watch (press down from the clock and select Phone>Pair New, not Sync) and follow the prompts on the phone. You should not be pairing the watch first through the phone's BT menu; it is all done through the app and you must have the phone forget the watch in the BT menu before re-pairing.

If that does not help, Huawei may had done an update that broke the ability to pair, inn which case it is gone as TT is no longer updating its app to keep up with manufacturer's updates (since hey went out of business almost 3 years ago). You would need to switch to syncing by computer.