Is there a compatible version of MyDrive for VIA 1400m using a Windows 10 laptop device? — TomTom Community

Is there a compatible version of MyDrive for VIA 1400m using a Windows 10 laptop device?

It lets me download, but it is unreadable. When I tested for compatibility using Windows, it shows that it isn't compatible. Seems they stopped at Windows 8.

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,987
    Superusers
    edited October 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    Maybe worth a look....
    Tomtom FAQ... MyDrive Connect not displaying or starting correctly after update... Click on the link & follow the on-screen, step-by-step instructions....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960139-MyDrive-Connect-not-displaying-or-starting-correctly-after-update

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi all

@saywhatkid

I didn't quite understand your last message.

You can try @YamFazMan suggestion but I'm not sure it works for you.

For me it is not a problem with the TomTom software but a problem with the computer related to the hardware that you can have with other software.
    A few thoughts but if you decide to use them it will be your own decision at your own risk.

According to your screenshot I would say, probably an OpenGL problem related to the graphics card driver or graphics chipset driver.

Maybe you use an Intel graphics chipset on your computer?
    Look in Windows Updates if you don't have an update for your graphics chipset in "optional updates"/"drivers". If you have nothing, you will have to do it manually.

Regards.
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    Important....
    DO NOT have a Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Stay Safe..... ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    Are your USB ports set for power saving "USB Selective Suspend"

Win7 See... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Win10 See… https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73187-turn-off-usb-selective-suspend-windows-10-a.html
    Click on link and scroll down to "Turn Off USB Selective Suspend"

Also turn off any Screen savers any other Power savers or USB port monitoring software installed

Random Disconnects on Surface Pro 3 & 4
    Do you have or have access to a 'Surface Dock', if so plug your device into a USB port on that. Others have found that to work
    On the Win10 tablets, Microsoft has hidden the "USB Selective Suspend" menu
    You will need to edit the Registry for the USB Selective Suspend menu to show

Laptop users also see Note (1) & (2)
    Note... (1) My Linx 10/10 Win10 Tablet is exactly the same... I had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu
    Note...(2) Recently a User with a Dell XPS 9360 Laptop also exactly the same problem ... he also had to edit the Registry to activate the advanced setting in the Power Menu

See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1234855/#Comment_1234855

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • saywhatkidsaywhatkid Posts: 6 [Master Traveler]
    @LAURE123

Yes, MyDrive Connect. I can download it, but it is totally unusable. It displays with lines through the page and unreadable wording. I tried to get Windows to find a compatible way, and it failed to improve.

I used your link to the newer version, and it was the same issue. I'll work on it again later. Thanks for your suggestions. I'll be back.
    Well, I think I got the update I was trying for I cheated and watched YouTube videos, so I could figure out the screens that were showing on my laptop. Going to take it for a spin.

Here is what it looked like:

xa5togjb4eoc.jpg
    Superusers
    edited October 21 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    Maybe worth a look....
    Tomtom FAQ... MyDrive Connect not displaying or starting correctly after update... Click on the link & follow the on-screen, step-by-step instructions....
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960139-MyDrive-Connect-not-displaying-or-starting-correctly-after-update

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi all

@saywhatkid

I didn't quite understand your last message.

You can try @YamFazMan suggestion but I'm not sure it works for you.

For me it is not a problem with the TomTom software but a problem with the computer related to the hardware that you can have with other software.
    A few thoughts but if you decide to use them it will be your own decision at your own risk.

According to your screenshot I would say, probably an OpenGL problem related to the graphics card driver or graphics chipset driver.

Maybe you use an Intel graphics chipset on your computer?
    Look in Windows Updates if you don't have an update for your graphics chipset in "optional updates"/"drivers". If you have nothing, you will have to do it manually.

Regards.
    I think I'm going to try installing on my desktop. Either way, I was able to update with the weird graphics by getting a general idea of the page layout from video. I'm not that PC-literate to start digging deeper.

Thanks for your suggestions, both of you..
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    Important....
    (1)... Installing MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)

Having your device connected can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Stay Safe..... ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    Important....

Stay Safe..... ATB YFM

Not sure if I did it right, but it installed on the desktop, and I can use it. No more graphical nightmare. I'm good to go. I'm updated.

Any reason I need to keep MyDrive Connect installed on any computer?
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @saywhatkid
    I have MyDrive installed but set not to START UP when the PC starts....
    I only Start MyDrive Connect for udates....

With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the General Tab
    Un-Tick Start MyDrive when the Computer Starts & Save the Settings....

Stay Safe ATB YFM

I did tick that box. I usually do that for everything that gets installed on the desktop, unless I'm using the program daily. Learned that lesson long ago when the thing would get sluggish with lots of background stuff going on.

Considering the frequency I expect to use my Tomtom, it may be several months before I consider another update.

Thanks for all of your great tech feedback.