TomTom GO App on Android head unit — TomTom Community

TomTom GO App on Android head unit

BexsarmBexsarm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have had Tomtom GO on my android Head Unit for sometime Yesterday I made the update to the new Version and it does not run

The application says "Somethong went wrong" when trying to access the map store for download. So now I have no more navigation, which is terrible. How can I downgrade to the old version?

Answers

• BexsarmBexsarm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I to have this issue and have done all of the suggestions.
    1) download completes
    2) starts to "prepare for maps" with the car going in circles then locks up after a minute or so.

I have deleted,cleared cache, rebooted and re-downloaded, same issue.
  • EX460EX460 Posts: 7 [Master Traveler]
    I have had Tomtom GO on my android Head Unit (Android 6, Intel Sofia) since many years and through all versions. Yesterday I made the update to the new Version 20.1.674 and it does not run!!!!!!!

The application says "Somethong went wrong" when trying to acces the map store for download. So now I have no more navigation, which is terrible. How can I downgrade to the old version?
  • BexsarmBexsarm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Same here.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 4,991 Moderator
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community! Sorry but the app has not been designed or tested for use with Android head units, so we can't guarantee that it will work with your current set up.

Regards, lampard
  • Richard6666666Richard6666666 Posts: 12 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited August 22
    When you start installing the new version, wait after the first installation step.
    TomTom Go will download additional files from the internet.
    You can see this by the download indicator of your HeadUnit.
    When the download and installation is complete, continue with the installation.
    It may take minutes before the maps are visible for download.

Works on a Atoto A6 pro Android 6 HeadUnit.

However, many problems with live Trafic, (2.0.7 works, 2.2.3 still not) but that can also be caused by the telephone provider KPN IP6.
    I use now an VPN connection over IP4.

lampard wrote: »
    Hi there,

Welcome to the Community! Sorry but the app has not been designed or tested for use with Android head units, so we can't guarantee that it will work with your current set up.

Regards, lampard

So TomTom has stolen our money by making all our previous investments useless?

A navigation system that does not work in a car is rubbish!
    Any progress?