Speed Camera updates - subscribed but they've been deleted from my device — TomTom Community

Speed Camera updates - subscribed but they've been deleted from my device

Arkouthaki_1Arkouthaki_1 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited October 13 in Speed Cameras
Hi,

I have a TomTom GO basic with lifetime European maps, I subscribed to the monthly speed camera update, the money is going out of my account, but the cameras are not showing and I can't download the camera update from my products page.

My subscription is for camera updates, but the download that is showing in my products is the World Speed 1 month; could this be the issue? If so, how do I fix it?

Cheers

Rob

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @Arkouthaki_1

I would think your subscription has not been allocated to your unit yet. Maybe @VikramK can sort this or he may have to direct you to contact customer support via Chat or email.

Look back here tomorrow.

The European Speed cameras has been replaced by the World Camera subscription.

Doug
  • Arkouthaki_1Arkouthaki_1 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for your answer, but the first month's subscription worked, unless there was some holdover from the 12 month subscription I'd had previously
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,587 Moderator
    edited October 12
    Hi @Arkouthaki_1

Could you try the following-

Remove speed cameras from your TomTom using MyDrive Connect, see article

Perform a factory reset-

- Select the Main Menu button in Map View or Guidance View to show the Main Menu.

- Scroll to the right of the screen and select the Settings button.

- Scroll to the right of this menu and select System.

- In the System menu, select Reset.

- Select Reset again to confirm.

Connect the device to MyDrive Connect and check for updates. A fresh package of speed cameras updates should be offered. See article

Once done, test the device on a planned route and see how it goes... :)

Regards, Vikram
    Thank you, but I can't get past the first step - there are no options to do anything in MyDrive Connect, just this.

sw1krizgq1iv.png

When my device is switched off, MyDrive tells me it's connected, but then when it's switched on I get that page.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers,

Rob
    Superuser
    edited October 12
    Hi @Arkouthaki_1

I am guessing you may have an older device on your account and @VikramK has not picked up you were referring to a GO Basic Unit. Either way I am sure he will be back on soon.

Doug
    Hi @Arkouthaki_1

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
    PM Sent, ta :)
    Thanks, @Arkouthaki_1

I asked my team to review the logs in the backend and they have confirmed that your TomTom already has the latest speed camera updates installed.

Could you just do a factory reset as suggested above and then test the device on a planned route?

Regards, Vikram
    edited October 12
    Awesome (not!) I did the reset, now I not only don't have speed cameras, I also no longer have any saved places!!!

Just brilliant :(

Getting really, really fed up with this...
    Superuser
    Hi @Arkouthaki_1

If the unit was logging into your My Drive Account before the reset and when you reset it you input the same Tomtom account that it was logged into before then when it logs in it should download the MyPlaces from your account.

Have you connected it to your Phone or the Wifi.

Doug
    Thanks Doug, but I checked on MyDrive - all the favourites appear to have gone from there too :(

I connected the device to my wifi then plugged it into the computer. MyDrive said it had failed to sync (after multiple attempts) and there was nothing in there :(

Cheers

Rob
    edited October 12
    Thanks Doug,

Yeah, it was the My Drive website I was talking about, it said that I was logged in, but a weird, badly formatted message popped up saying something like "failed to sync, trying again in (x) seconds".

Now I can't log in to the My Drive website, and when I try to log my device into the account (using wifi) I just get "Oops. We are having trouble accessing the TomTom services. Please try again later".

On the plus side, I do now appear to have my speed cameras back!

Cheers,

Rob

Update - I have now logged in to the My Drive webpage, but My Places is blank, it isn't even showing my Home place.

Second update - everything now seems to have been restored - I have My Places back, and I still have speed cameras! Yay!

Thank you for all your help :)
    Superuser
    Hi @Arkouthaki_1

Glad you are sorted. If at any time you decide to load some 3rd Party POI files like the National Trust then you use the My Drive Website to load the POI file into your account and then it will appear at the bottom of your My Places list. Should you ever have a problem with the GO Basic and you feel a Factory Reset will resolve it then when connect the device to your Phone and so it can then log into your My Drive account then your My Places and the POI file will be restored to the unit.

Doug
  • jjmnajjmna Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi,

I have recently updated my Go50 and now have no warning sounds on Speed Cameras.
    On line conversations a moderator is saying that TomTom now remove sounds when you stop paying their monthly Speed Camera subscription which I had done a couple of months back.

I bought the monthly updates for any new cameras but expect to keep the old camera info that I have already paid for

How do I get my old Camera info including warning sounds back?
  • navigo500navigo500 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I think my problem is nearly same. When I sign in My Drive, there is text 1 update is available. After I click that, there comes text No updates availeble. I have ordered speed camera updates, but in device says order is not in use. (Lanquage in my device is Finish, so I am not sure for original text). But 2.99 euros is taken every mounth from my bank account.
    Device is TomTom GO 500