Disabling Charging Station updates... Tomtom GO BASIC 5 — TomTom Community

Disabling Charging Station updates... Tomtom GO BASIC 5

55bb55bb Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi all

Does any one know how to disable Charging Station updates? It keeps coming up on my device and despite turning it off it keeps turning on again.

I don't need a Charging Station as I have a petrol car.

Any ideas as it's driving me mad? :'(

Thanks

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,987
    Superusers
    Hi
    @55bb
    To stop Charging Station POIs being displayed....
    Tap 4Dot (….) Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Appearance
    Tap Show Poi Lists on Map
    Scroll down to and Tap Charging Station
    Tap Hide.
    Tap Blue Arrow ( ^ ) Top right of the screen to exit….

Or Contact Tomtom Support and explain you do not want the Charging Station POI offered for download.....

Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)

The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    The easy way Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

The official way to Contact Tomtom Support.....
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • 55bb55bb Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi YamFazMan. Thanks for the reply. Yes, that's how I have switched off these updates but they keep switching back on again.

So I have to contact TT to get them switched off? Oh why, oh why does this company make things so difficult for users <sigh>...

Ok, thanks again :)
  • 55bb55bb Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Just an update to the above. I contacted TT Support who told me to go through the process of hiding charging stations from the maps and that would cure the issue.

I told them I had already done that numerous times and it kept switching on again by itself every time.

They then came back and told me "There is no way to remove this update as this is an embedded subscription which comes with the device. You will just have to ignore this update if you do not wish to download it." so it appears there's no solution.

Should've known :/
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,987
    Superusers
    edited October 13
    Hi
    @55bb
    As in the reply from Support....
    I never bother to install them... During an update I always de-select Charging Station POIs

Stay Safe... ATB YFM