Map on SD card needed — TomTom Community

Map on SD card needed

EVE123EVE123 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited October 13 in Built in car navigation
I have a 2014 megane with a carminat R Link Tom tom and no card. Any advise on purchasing one would help. Thanks.

Best Answers

Answers

• EVE123EVE123 Posts: 12 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks. Got a sd card now but tom tom says no maps found all I get is sounds of a horn and some other stuff.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,586 Moderator
    Hi @EVE123

I see a Carminat TomTom linked to your account. Is that the one you are looking to reinstall/restore the map?

Regards, Vikram
    iT is. I have asked a question in incar sat nav. My old tom tom plugged in to car when i needed it and was simple. I cant get my head round this thing.
    Hmm. My other question has disappeared. Not gonna get any help here I guess Ill just have to buy a A-Z
    edited October 13
    @EVE123

For the R-Link specific models, we don't offer the support.
    As yours is a Carminat that updates using TomTom HOME, I have asked my team to activate a map in the backend.

Please check for updates now.

Regards, Vikram
    I'm afraid this is going from bad to worse. I have just ordered a SD card from tom tom shop for carminat live but my device is connected to R link store. Tom Tom Carminat R-link.is it not the same thing like Fender telecaster thin line or Gibson les Paul studio.
    edited October 13
    I am not sure about the specifications of the memory card if its an 'R-Link model'.

If the device is a Megane TomTom Carminat then a class 10 -SD (Secure Digital) Carminat TomTom: up to 8GB should be compatible.

Initializing the new memory card will allow you to install the maps which my team has activated.

Format the new memory card

7ut6wltafgdp.png

Re-initialize the memory card

t65iuhy0dkgs.png

Install updates using TomTom HOME application

ea8al56vi0ng.png

Regards, Vikram
    Thanks for your patience Vikramk but that wont work in my R link TomTom device. Can I ask why you don't support R link Tom Tom when at the end of the day it is a tom tom. Just curious.