TonTom GO Supreme 6" keeps rebooting when in use — TomTom Community

TonTom GO Supreme 6" keeps rebooting when in use

I have an issue where my device keeps rebooting every 5 mins as if it has lost the route. This seems to coincide with the last map update, I have completed all the updates and still not working properly. It will shut down (and say shutting down) or screen will go blank, soft reset does not get rid of the issue. Due to COVID I am not using it as much but it is now unusable in its current condition. Any ideas please?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,584
    Superuser
    Hi @The Blue Liftman

Firstly if you have an extra memory card fitted try removing it and to see if the problem is resolved. If that makes no difference then with the Extra memory card removed I would do a Factory Reset to see if that resolves it.

Before doing a FR go to the My Drive Website and log in to see if all your My Places and any Poi files and Routes you have sent to your Supreme are saved there if they are then go ahead with the FR. Any Routes you have created on the GO Supreme and saved there will not appear in your account and you will have to copy them to a small SD card otherwise you will lose them.

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device.

This Reset will not change the Operating Software or Map versions on the unit but will delete all your data ie My Places etc and you will have to set it up again as you did out of the box. Once you have done that and the unit logs into your account then it will restore your stat from your My Drive account.

Doug