TomTom Start 60 - Screen changes by itself during driving — TomTom Community

TomTom Start 60 - Screen changes by itself during driving

Hello,

I have the Start 60 model: 4EN62 SN: WNxxxxxxxxxx06.
I have recently purchased an updated UK and Ireland map and installed it.

While driving, it now switches between various screens, sometimes in quick succession. From main menu/settings/please note that you have selected human voice/to saying no route planned when I have a route planned/then to an overview map etc. Then sometimes goes for a while with everything as normal.

To continually press "done" is quite hazadours while driving.

I have cleaned the screen several times but the problem persists.

Connected via new TomTom cable to a usb device pluged in cigerette lighter.

I there a way to check what's wrong and posible fix?

Regards,
PB

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,598
    Superuser
    Hi @PeterBill

Is the charger you are using in the cars cig socket a Tomtom one. Some 3rd party devices do not work properly with the TT units.

Doug
  • PeterBillPeterBill Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @DougLap

no not a TomTom charger, but this one worked correctly for a number of years before.

thanks
  • PeterBillPeterBill Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @YamFazMan and @DougLap

Thanks for that.

I have done the soft reset and still have a problem with the ghost input on the screen especially when typing which is irritating. I think it is probably that which is causing the problems. Perhaps I’ll have to do the factory reset.

Thanks.
  • shahzadc_un29shahzadc_un29 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, Have you managed to fix this problem ? I am having the same issue where while driving, it now switches between various screens, sometimes in quick succession itself. To continually press "done" is quite hazadours while driving.

Please advise. Thanks
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,002
    Superusers
    Hi
    @shahzadc_un29
    Welcome to the site
    The Start 60 has a Resistive screen (Not a Smartphone Capacitive type Screen)

Check around the area where the screen meet the bezel for any gunge and or grit, this can cause ghost tap's on the screen....
    A badly fitted screen protector will also cause the same ghost tap's on the screen....

Also hold the screen flat and look across the surface of the screen with a light source shining on the screen, the surface should be dead flat... Are there any depressions on the surface from heavy use ???
    Especially in the area of the top 'Info Bar'.... Where you Tap on the screen to switch from the Driving View to List View....
    This might allow the random intermittent contact of the two ITO conductive surfaces ???

d0o3wkr9nywd.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM