6200 Sat Nav — TomTom Community

6200 Sat Nav

I have a TomTom 6200 model which I used for about two months before its screen froze and is now useless. The diagram on the screen is of a computer screen, a sat nav with a broken wire linking the two. There is a red cross between the wire and the computer screen whilst the sat nav has a red triangle on its screen. I have tried switching off, switching on and switching on holding the power button down until I hear the "bongs" but to no avail.

Your automated help line has proved useless.

Please contact me concerning this problem - [email protected]

Thank you

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!

Answers

• ______abcdef1233______abcdef1233 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thoroughly dissatisfied TomTom customer
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,601
    Superuser
    Hi @______abcdef1233

It looks like your unit has gone into Recovery mode and so needs to be connected to your PC with My Drive Connect running. You should connect it after the PC is already running MDC. You should leave it connected for some time so that if it manages to link to the TT servers it either completes the recovery or times out on the servers.

Doug
  • Jamie20Jamie20 Posts: 11 [Master Explorer]
    I have a TomTom 6200 model which I used for about two months before its screen froze and is now useless. The diagram on the screen is of a computer screen, a sat nav with a broken wire linking the two. There is a red cross between the wire and the computer screen whilst the sat nav has a red triangle on its screen. I have tried switching off, switching on and switching on holding the power button down until I hear the "bongs" but to no avail.

Your automated help line has proved useless.

Please contact me concerning this problem - [email protected]

Thank you

Hi have you managed to fix this issue? I am having the same problem with mine. Been told it’s in recovery mode but can’t get it out of it. I have connected to the computer and it just keeps displaying this.

8dykr3134myi.jpeg

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!