GO 520 won’t turn on — TomTom Community

GO 520 won’t turn on

My tomtom 520 pro won’t turn on.
I have charged for 2 hours and plugged into the computer and still nothing.

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,598
    Superuser
    Hi @jamesbacon89

It looks like the battery has failed. Has the battery been allowed to go flat for a reasonable period as that is not recommended for the Lithium batteries used.

You need to get it repaired or you can view videos on Youtube on TT GO 520 battery replacing and try yourself if you feel confident enough. although that is at your risk.

Doug
  • LAURE123LAURE123 Posts: 1,632
    Superuser
    Hi all

@jamesbacon89

Only to complete @DougLap message.
    When the battery shows obvious signs of weakness after several years of use, change it becomes the only option. This is what I did with my GO5100 at my own risk.
    But before considering the change of the battery you can try this, several times if necessary:

Charge your device with a 2A main charger (that of a Smartphone, Iphone, Tablet), USB ports only give 500mah that's not enough. If the default settings have not been changed, when your device is connected to a power source it should turn on.

If it doesn't, with your GO520 Pro still connected to this power source (main charger) do a Soft Reset to "wake up" your device. “Restart” the device requires minimal power, if the battery cannot supply enough power for this, the charger will.

With your device connected to the 2A main charger:
    Soft Reset ==> press and hold the On/Off button until you hear the drum sounds. This can take 30 seconds or more. The device restarts. If you see a black screen with white text, hold down the button until you hear the drum sounds.

After that, let your device turned on charge for at least 2 hours before use.

I hope this will work for you.

Regards.