screen glitches — TomTom Community

screen glitches

i can' t use the menu of my runner 3 watch because of the glitches of the screen. do you know how can i solve this problem? thanks

Answers

• fanarakifanaraki Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    i already had a reset twice but nothing
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,464
    Superusers
    If a reset did not fix it, it is a bad display. if it is under warranty contact Support who will replace it (they do not offer repairs). If not, time to move on to another watch. Not a TomTom as they left the watch business 18 months ago and ceased all production and development. Go with a brand that is still active in the market.
  • ThiagoYKThiagoYK Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited September 17
    I had the same issue and lost all hopes reading the comments, so I put my tomtom spark away for a couple of days and the battery drained out. I decided to give it another shot and charged it and the screen is back to normal. If you still have it, I think it's worth the shot.
    Superusers
    ThiagoYK wrote: »
    I had the same issue and lost all hopes reading the comments, so I put my tomtom spark away for a couple of days and the battery drained out. I decided to give it another shot and charged it and the screen is back to normal. If you still have it, I think it's worth the shot.

Interesting! I wonder if there may have actually been some moisture in the case which dried out at the same time. In any case, it is certainly worth a shot.
  • JochemBoomJochemBoom Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    I opened the watch and screw it apart. Cleaned the connections and the LCD connection rubber, but still no change. The i used my heatgun to make sure there are no lose connection in the display chip.

There is no hardware issue, it's software related. When the watch is resetting it will show normal display until the operating software is present again. It might be software related
    Superusers
    JochemBoom wrote: »
    I opened the watch and screw it apart. Cleaned the connections and the LCD connection rubber, but still no change. The i used my heatgun to make sure there are no lose connection in the display chip.

There is no hardware issue, it's software related. When the watch is resetting it will show normal display until the operating software is present again. It might be software related

If a factory reset will not fix it and letting the battery totally drain out will not fix it, then the watch is dead. The factory reset puts on totally fresh firmware which would remove any software issues. Sounds like it is time for a new watch, there are plenty of brands out there with better feature sets for less money these days (TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago).