Gym mode showing incorrect calorie amount on app / site — TomTom Community

Gym mode showing incorrect calorie amount on app / site

TruffleShuffleTruffleShuffle Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
I have the Spark 3. I've used it for mainly running and indoor cycling, both of which have recorded calories pretty accurately with no problem.

I have started wearing the Spark for skipping so I select gym mode on the Spark for this. On the watch, for example, it shows I burnt so many calories after skipping for 20mins. On the app on the latest page, it shows the correct amount for the day's summary, but when I go into the actual gym activity, it's showing less calories than what was on the watch and I haven't done any other activities on it.

I tried it again the following day. I skipped first this time, again it showed a similar amount of calories on my watch, then went for a run and this also showed the usual amount. The watch showed the correct amount of calories burned in the daily total.

When I have gone onto the app / website (I checked both), it's showing the correct total amount of calories burned for the day, the correct amount for the run if I click on the run activity, but again less for the skipping when I click on the gym activity. Is there any way of fixing this?

Best Answer

Answers

• xwintechxwintech Posts: 290 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Do a factory reset. Pretty sure this is a software issue. Also try contacting TomTom Support.
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,384
    Superusers
    edited August 10
    xwintech wrote: »
    Do a factory reset. Pretty sure this is a software issue. Also try contacting TomTom Support.

There is virtually no support for watches since TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago. at this point a factory reset is basically the only option for any issues with the watch since they are all discontinued and out of warranty.
  • TruffleShuffleTruffleShuffle Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    tfarabaugh wrote: »

There is virtually no support for watches since TT Sports went out of business over 2.5 years ago. at this point a factory reset is basically the only option for any issues with the watch since they are all discontinued and out of warranty.

Do you know if the factory reset would wipe out all my watch settings and activities? Thanks.
    Yes it will.
    Oh, sorry then.
    Yes it will.

You are incorrect. A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself after 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected.

Thank you very much.
    Yes it will.

You are incorrect. A factory reset will not cause you to lose any data, the watch syncs when you first plug it in, so everything is saved on TomTom Sports and your settings are reset afterwards. All you lose is the wheel size in cycling and turning splits on & off in running, as these are watch settings, not user settings. The history is erased from the watch, but this clears itself after 10 activities anyway. The music is on a different drive that is untouched during a reset and TomTom Sports is not affected.

Thank you very much.
    Superusers
    milanolsen wrote: »
    Hey!, feel sorry for but no virtually support for watches since TT Sports went out of business. Right now, in this situation and in my openion , omegle tv a factory reset is basically the only option to solve your issue, Don't forget about issue of all discontinued and out of warranty.

Is there a reason you are just requoting the answers given above and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion?
    Unfortunately the reset didn't solve the problem. Very disappointing as I paid quite a bit for it and it's not doing the job it's supposed to do...

Is there any sort of hard reset I can do?

Thanks.
    Superusers
    Unfortunately the reset didn't solve the problem. Very disappointing as I paid quite a bit for it and it's not doing the job it's supposed to do...

Is there any sort of hard reset I can do?

Thanks.

You may be able to fix it for your watch by following these steps (make sure you have installed the latest version of Connect if prompted):

1) Plug the watch into the computer and in Sports Connect, click the Gear Icon
    2) Press CTRL (Windows) or CMD (MAC) on your keyboard while you hover your mouse over the reset button.
    3) You'll see the reset button turns into a "Turn Off" button.
    4) Click it, disconnect the watch and the screen will go dead.
    5) Reconnect the watch and it will wake up and it should now update as usual.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this but unfortunately still not resolved. I think I may have to give up! I can still use it fine, it's just the info is not accurate. Every day, it's says a few hundred calories have been burned before I've even put the watch on and with a few seconds of activity. Baffled! It's a pain but I don't think there's anything else I can do about it... :-(
    Thanks again.
    Superusers
    It should show calories burned when you get up in the morning, that is what is is designed for. If you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned. Between midnight and whenever you woke up you burned calories just being alive, which is what it is showing. This is exactly what it and all other activity trackers are designed to do.

I think you are mixing up the calories for activities from the 24/7 calories computations, which are in different places on MySports.
    I think you've misread my comment. I haven't even worn the watch at all, for weeks, but yet it still shows calories have been burned. Not to worry, as I said, I will just have to grin and bear it...
    Superusers
    I think you've misread my comment. I haven't even worn the watch at all, for weeks, but yet it still shows calories have been burned. Not to worry, as I said, I will just have to grin and bear it...

The watch does not know it is not being worn, so it continues to calculate the calories burned based on your BMR and personal stats. It is simply not adding anything in for steps, activities, etc.