Using myDrive on two tomtom devices. — TomTom Community

Using myDrive on two tomtom devices.

FueltekFueltek Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
Hello, we have two TomTom Go Basic devices. The first one we connected to the mydrive app via bluetooth and we can send destinations to this device from the web ui.
However, when we add a second device to the account, it now sends the routes to this device and doesn't let us choose.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,602
    Superuser
    Hi @Fueltek

If you have more than one device on the same account then any Route created in the My Drive App or on the My Drive Website will be sent to all the devices on the account. What you may not have realised yet is if for example you set one of your Basics to go to a specific address and your Partner/Friend then goes off with it if you then create a different route on the remaining Basic then the route you have created is sent to the other unit and changes the route that you partner/ friend is following and they may not notice it.

The solution is that you log out of My Drive on one or both of the Basic units. This means that the unit or units will not receive any routes etc until you log in. Logging in is easy as it remembers your account name and you just need to input the Password. Being logged out of the account does not affect the operation of the devices when using them.

If you add some new My Places on one of the units then if you log it into My Drive then the new My Places will be added to your account and any routes will be added to the unit you have created in My Drive and saved there. Once that one has updated you can log in with the other unit to make sure the same data is on both devices.

Generally I would keep the one you will use logged in so everything is up to date and have the other one always logged out unless you want to sync all the information.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,016
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Fueltek
    Welcome to the site....
    Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM