What can't TomTom Home be updated on a Mac (macOS Catalina 10.16.5)? — TomTom Community

What can't TomTom Home be updated on a Mac (macOS Catalina 10.16.5)?

PhilC1PhilC1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Have tried several times to update TomTom Home on my Mac this evening to enable me to update the SD card for the Mazda NB1 system I have. I keep getting an error message: 'FAILURE' and 'Installation cannot proceed, as not all requirements were met.'

It seems this issue has been raised on the forums back to at least July and remains unresolved - which is disappointing.

Comments

• DontletmedownDontletmedown Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I just tried to update my maps - MacBook Pro Catalina 10.15.6
    "Failure: Installation cannot proceed as not all requirements are met".
    As above, any thoughts?
  • trikke_dtrikke_d Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Hi - there's an exhaustive thread here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1124947/why-wont-tomtom-home-v2-install-on-my-mac#latest

And I received the latest excuse from TomTom twitter below:
    Hello Richard,

It is no longer possible to use TomTom Home on Mac OS Catalina because Apple has restricted support for 32-bit applications on its system.

This is an announcement that was made with the release of Mac OS Mojave 10.13 (system before Catalina).

From now on, 32-bit applications do not work natively on this system.
    Only 64-bit applications are compatible on this one. It is a restraint.

However, it is possible to add libraries to the system to run 32bits applications. In general, these modifications are reserved for developers, computer-savvy people or people who could absolutely need these applications.

We are working on a compatible version which allows to work around the problem but unfortunately as long as the application is not completely rewritten in 64 bits, there will always be problems.

I advise you if you have the possibility to use Windows 10, which still accepts both architectures.

You should also know that Mac OS Catalina will normally be the very last Apple system to accept 32-bit applications.

Regards,
    Arno
  • trikke_dtrikke_d Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    An update - this now appears to work for me:
    Kavarkes wrote: »
    Hi guys. After a lot of tries and contact TomTom support, I managed to fix the problem and installed the program. Key is to install Java Jdk 1.8.152 if you have Mac 64bits. Once done, TomTom HOME installation will run smooth.

In order to do it you have to take some steps:

STEP 1 : Go to:
    https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/java-archive-javase8-2177648.html

STEP 2: Scroll down and look for Jdk 1.8.152. Download: jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

PASO 3: You will be directed to Oracle web site. Create and account or log in if you have already an account. You will receive an email to verify account. Click and you will be directed to the Oracle web site again

STEP 4 Once you are logged in, go again to download page to download the fie: jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

STEP 5 Install the downloaded program jdk- 8u -152 macosx-x64.dmg

STEP 6 Once java is installed, download and Install TomTom Home from Tom Tom web site

This should work. It worked for me with OS Catalina V. 10.15.5
  • royewood_un43royewood_un43 Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Tried the oracle download suggested by Kavarkes but did not work. I have Catalina version 10.15.6 which is a later version