TomTom MyDrive not sending destination to the Android app — TomTom Community

TomTom MyDrive not sending destination to the Android app

After I upgraded my Android car unit, I cannot send a destination to the app anymore.

I used to be able to send the destination from the MyDrive webpage and then recieve it on the app.

Same problem with the app on my Android phone.

App is TomTom Go 2.3 release/20.1
Webpage used is https://mydrive.tomtom.com/........

Best Answer

Answers

• schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 246 [Exalted Navigator]
    I don't think TT Go is compatible with Android Auto IF that is what you are using. Just phones and tablets.
  • kaskapkaskap Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    It is not Android auto I use .

It is the same version as I have on my phone.

Before the upgrade, I could send new Favourites and destinations to my car and to my phone.

After the upgrade I cannot send to any of these.

I tis a pitty, because I used it a lot.
  • schneidernetschneidernet Posts: 246 [Exalted Navigator]
    I think it will only install to "approved" devices such as tablets and phones. For example, I can't install it to my Nvidia Shield Android TV.

You might be able to sideload the APK via ADB.
    It is an "approved" device running a standard android 8.

It worked with the old version, but after upgrading everything is working except sending destinations from the web page to android app.

When I use my phone with the updated TT app, I have the same problem. Phone is a Sony Xperia 1 ii using Android 10
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 598 [Revered Pioneer]
    @lampard Is it possible to increase te number of Destinations?

Currently only 20 Destinations are supported. A Rider support 255 stops when a ITN file is loaded. It would be nice if we also get te possibility to sync a route as route. So the same options are supported as in MyDrive, Stops and soft via's (the white dots when you drag the route to a road) and the selected route options and preferences?
    @lampard

Thank you for your update, it is always nice to know that it is not just me who cannot get it to work.

I hope the feature soon will be available again.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,034
    Superusers
    edited September 14
    RoadRider wrote: »
    @lampard Is it possible to increase the number of Destinations?

Currently, only 20 Destinations are supported. A Rider support 255 stops when a ITN file is loaded. It would be nice if we also get the possibility to sync a route as route. So the same options are supported as in MyDrive, Stops and soft via's (the white dots when you drag the route to a road) and the selected route options and preferences?
    + 1.... The MyDrive Route planner is capable of generating a route....
    With a Start --> 28 Stops --> Destination....
    Why limit the Sync/Transfer to only 20 ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM