Not connecting to data for traffic and other services — TomTom Community

Not connecting to data for traffic and other services

Knees_99Knees_99 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
edited September 15 in MyDrive Connect

Best Answers

• Knees_99Knees_99 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Doug. Thanks for the response. I have removed TT from phone several times and tried reconnecting to BT different ways to no avail! Did a hard reset still nothing. I went into my Apple ID and noticed my old phone was still there. I deleted from my account then turned both phone and TT off then back on again, BINGO😁. Connected to traffic and smartphone messages and linked to MyDrive. Only found that by accident and thought I’d give it a shot. Thanks
    Chris

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,606
    Superuser
    Hi @Knees_99

Are you using an iPhone and if so what IOS have you on it?

Doug
    Hi there, I am using new iPhone se 2020, iOS 13.7. Just recently got it and was using iPhone 6s prior to this one and it was working fine. The hands free is connecting but unable to connect to MyDrive app which appears to be the problem!
    Accepted Answer
    Hi Doug. Thanks for the response. I have removed TT from phone several times and tried reconnecting to BT different ways to no avail! Did a hard reset still nothing. I went into my Apple ID and noticed my old phone was still there. I deleted from my account then turned both phone and TT off then back on again, BINGO😁. Connected to traffic and smartphone messages and linked to MyDrive. Only found that by accident and thought I’d give it a shot. Thanks
    Chris
    Superuser
    Hi @Knees_99

When you say in your Apple ID where do you mean.

Glad you are sorted though.

Doug
    Hi Doug.
    When you open settings at the very top is where your name is. Click on that, scroll down to bottom of page it shows your phone. My was showing my old phone and new phone so I deleted the old phone as it has been sent back to Apple as a trade in. Gonna try tonight, I am a HGV driver, so the traffic function has been good.
    Chris
    Superuser
    Hi @Knees_99

Thanks for that. I will have to remember that as I would never have thought of that. 👍👍

Doug
  • pandagrlpandagrl Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Unfortunately, none of this has worked. I am convinced that TomTom is forcing me to purchase another device. I guess I will start using Google maps that does work great on my phone.