How to transfer a route in 'my route' to Start 50? — TomTom Community

How to transfer a route in 'my route' to Start 50?

Hello,

In TomTom MyDrive you can upload routes via GPX or edit road trips and save them as my routes. With every route in my routes you can change a slider to enable the option 'Sync this route as a track with my devices'.
However the route or track never apears on my Start 50/5. The Start 50 is connected with the pc with MyDrive Connect running and the map has just been updated with MyDrive Connect.
In MyDrive Connect there is no option or menu for 'my routes'.

In the past I have put my routes on the Start 50, they are still present.

How to upload my route to the start 50?

Best Answer

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,635
    Superuser
    Hi @fflow.

Is you rGO50 showing it has logged into Mydrive?

Doug
  • fflowfflow Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    It is not a go 50 but a Start 50/5.

Mydrive online or Mydrive installed on the pc?

It is connected to the MyDrive Connect installed on my pc. This works because i can update the map.

I think it is also connected to Mydrive online in the browser. But i am not sure. It is listed in my products, see screenshot.
    y7xqkpbl60oi.png

• fflowfflow Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanx. The trick was signing in on the tomtom device itself. Never thought of that because it was connected with the computer on which the program and online both were signed in.

I still wonder why you need to use two programs. Online and the installed one on the computer. Why not all functions (updating maps, mydriven, and all the rest) in either the installed program or online or every function in both. Not separeted, which leaves one searching for functions.

Also used the sd card method. It worked as well. But with more hassle.
    The downside of this methode is that in my case the map is installed on the sd. Without the map installed, the tomtom does not let you enter the menu, it only displays that you have no map installed. And therefore no popup for copying the routs or tracks. It only worked after installing a smaller map on the onboard memory.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,088
    Superusers
    Hi
    @fflow
    @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators should pick this up on Monday and and maybe allocate a small Map to install onto the built-in Memory to act as a keeper....

Catch22...
    Tomtom are allocating a small map to install on the on-board Memory of the NAV4 devices, to give access to the Micro SDHC Card Format Option
    The advantage of the small Map would be plenty of working space on the device (400 MB is considered the minimum Free Space the more Free Space the faster the device will operate)...
    The smaller map will also act as a 'Keeper' This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC memory card
    Also, if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM